Anti-Estrogen Receptor beta antibody (ab3577)
- Product nameAnti-Estrogen Receptor beta antibodySee all Estrogen Receptor beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Estrogen Receptor beta
- SpecificityBy Western blot, this antibody detects an ~55 kDa protein representing ER beta from rat brain homogenate. Immunohistochemical staining of ER beta in rat cerebellum results in cytoplasmic staining in Purkinje neurons. This antibody sufficiently supershifts rat ER beta / ER response element (vitellogenin xenopus A2 gene).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, EMSA, Gel supershift assays, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Human, Baboon
Predicted to work with: Non Human Primates
Synthetic peptide: AEPQKSPWCEARSLEH, corresponding to amino acids 55-70 of Rat Estrogen Receptor beta.
- Positive controlWB: rat brain lysate IHC: rat cerebellum, rat penis (see Jesmin et al), ovine uterine artery endothelial cells (see Liao et al) ICC: Human coronary artery smooth muscle cells (see Han et al)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, 1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3577 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/2000. See Han et al reference.|
|EMSA||EMSA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Gel supershift assays||GSA: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 59 kDa).Can be blocked with Estrogen Receptor beta peptide (ab3564).|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml.|
- FunctionNuclear hormone receptor. Binds estrogens with an affinity similar to that of ESR1, and activates expression of reporter genes containing estrogen response elements (ERE) in an estrogen-dependent manner. Isoform beta-cx lacks ligand binding ability and has no or only very low ere binding activity resulting in the loss of ligand-dependent transactivation ability. DNA-binding by ESR1 and ESR2 is rapidly lost at 37 degrees Celsius in the absence of ligand while in the presence of 17 beta-estradiol and 4-hydroxy-tamoxifen loss in DNA-binding at elevated temperature is more gradual.
- Tissue specificityIsoform beta-1 is expressed in testis and ovary, and at a lower level in heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle, spleen, thymus, prostate, colon, bone marrow, mammary gland and uterus. Also found in uterine bone, breast, and ovarian tumor cell lines, but not in colon and liver tumors. Isoform beta-2 is expressed in spleen, thymus, testis and ovary and at a lower level in skeletal muscle, prostate, colon, small intestine, leukocytes, bone marrow, mammary gland and uterus. Isoform beta-3 is found in testis. Isoform beta-4 is expressed in testis, and at a lower level in spleen, thymus, ovary, mammary gland and uterus. Isoform beta-5 is expressed in testis, placenta, skeletal muscle, spleen and leukocytes, and at a lower level in heart, lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, thymus, prostate, colon, small intestine, bone marrow, mammary gland and uterus. Not expressed in brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ER BETA antibodyER BETA antibodyER-beta antibody
- Erb antibodyESR 2 antibodyESR 2 antibodyESR B antibodyESR B antibodyESR BETA antibodyESR BETA antibodyESR2 antibodyESR2 antibodyESR2_HUMAN antibodyESRB antibodyESRB antibodyESTRB antibodyEstrogen Receptor 2 antibodyEstrogen Receptor 2 antibodyEstrogen receptor beta antibodyNR3A2 antibodyNuclear receptor subfamily 3 group A member 2 antibody
Anti-Estrogen Receptor beta antibody images
ab3577 at a concentration of 1-2
µg/ml staining ER beta in primate amygdala.
Predicted band size : 59 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Image courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
References for Anti-Estrogen Receptor beta antibody (ab3577)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lin W et al. Molecular mechanisms of bladder outlet obstruction in transgenic male mice overexpressing aromatase (cyp19a1). Am J Pathol 178:1233-44 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21356374) »
- Inoue A et al. Involvement of mouse nucleoplasmin 2 in the decondensation of sperm chromatin after fertilization. Biol Reprod 85:70-7 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21415138) »