Anti-IGF1 antibody (ab36532)
- Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibodySee all IGF1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to IGF1
- SpecificityAs determined by EIA, this antibody shows 100 % reactivity with rat and mouse IGF1. It also shows <0.4 % cross reactivity with rat IGF2, and <0.05 % cross reactivity with human IGF1 or IGF2.
- Tested applicationsDot Blot, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Does not react withHuman
Recombinant full length protein (Rat).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36532 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: A dilution of 1/5000 detects 250 ng IGF1. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- IBP1 antibodyIGF 1 antibodyIGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibodyIGF IB antibodyIGF-I antibodyIgf1 antibodyIGF1_HUMAN antibodyIGFI antibodyIGFIA antibodyInsulin like growth factor 1 (somatomedin C) antibodyInsulin Like Growth Factor 1 antibodyInsulin like growth factor IA antibodyInsulin like growth factor IB antibodyInsulin-like growth factor I antibodyMechano growth factor antibodyMGF antibodyOTTHUMP00000195080 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195081 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195082 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195083 antibodyOTTHUMP00000195084 antibodySomatomedia C antibodySomatomedin C antibodySomatomedin-C antibody
References for Anti-IGF1 antibody (ab36532)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hamzeh M & Robaire B Identification of early response genes and pathway activated by androgens in the initial segment and caput regions of the regressed rat epididymis. Endocrinology 151:4504-14 (2010). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20660069) »