Anti-Claspin antibody (ab3719)
- Product nameAnti-Claspin antibodySee all Claspin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Claspin
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) - which represented a portion of human Claspin encoded within exon 8.
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3719 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 180 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 180 kDa).|
- FunctionRequired for checkpoint mediated cell cycle arrest in response to inhibition of DNA replication or to DNA damage induced by both ionizing and UV irradiation. Adapter protein which binds to BRCA1 and the checkpoint kinase CHEK1 and facilitates the ATR-dependent phosphorylation of both proteins. Can also bind specifically to branched DNA structures and may associate with S-phase chromatin following formation of the pre-replication complex (pre-RC). This may indicate a role for this protein as a sensor which monitors the integrity of DNA replication forks.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claspin family.
- DomainThe C-terminus of the protein contains 3 potential CHEK1-binding motifs (CKB motifs). Potential phosphorylation sites within CKB motif 1 and CKB motif 2 are required for interaction with CHEK1.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Undergoes ATR-dependent phosphorylation by CHEK1 during activation of DNA replication or damage checkpoints. Phosphorylation by CSNK1G1/CK1 promotes CHEK1 binding.
Ubiquitinated by the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) during G1 phase, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitination is mediated via its interaction with FZR1/CDH1. Following DNA damage, it is deubiquitinated by USP28 in G2 phase, preventing its degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Claspin antibodyclaspin homolog (Xenopus laevis) antibodyClaspin homolog antibody
- Clspn antibodyCLSPN protein antibodyCLSPN_HUMAN antibodyhClaspin antibodyHu Claspin antibody
Anti-Claspin antibody images
Predicted band size : 180 kDa
Sample: Hela cell lysate (20
Antibody: Affinity purified Rabbit anti-Claspin (ab3719) used at a 1 / 1000 and 1 / 2000 dilution with (+) or without (-) blocking peptide.
References for Anti-Claspin antibody (ab3719)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jiang K et al. Regulation of Chk1 includes chromatin association and 14-3-3 binding following phosphorylation on Ser-345. J Biol Chem 278:25207-17 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12676962) »