Anti-KAP1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab3831)
- Product nameAnti-KAP1 antibody - ChIP GradeSee all KAP1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to KAP1 - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsChIP, ICC/IF, IHC-P, CHIPseq, IHC-Fr, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide: SSQELSGGPGDGP, corresponding to amino acids 741-753 of KAP 1.
- Positive controlHepG2 whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3831 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 - 6 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|CHIPseq||CHIPseq: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21170338|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 16880268|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.2 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa).Can be blocked with KAP1 peptide (741-753) (ab22963).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 16880268|
- FunctionNuclear corepressor for KRAB domain-containing zinc finger proteins (KRAB-ZFPs). Mediates gene silencing by recruiting CHD3, a subunit of the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylation (NuRD) complex, and SETDB1 (which specifically methylates histone H3 at 'Lys-9' (H3K9me)) to the promoter regions of KRAB target genes. Enhances transcriptional repression by coordinating the increase in H3K9me, the decrease in histone H3 'Lys-9 and 'Lys-14' acetylation (H3K9ac and H3K14ac, respectively) and the disposition of HP1 proteins to silence gene expression. Recruitment of SETDB1 induces heterochromatinization. May play a role as a coactivator for CEBPB and NR3C1 in the transcriptional activation of ORM1. Also corepressor for ERBB4. Inhibits E2F1 activity by stimulating E2F1-HDAC1 complex formation and inhibiting E2F1 acetylation. May serve as a partial backup to prevent E2F1-mediated apoptosis in the absence of RB1. Important regulator of CDKN1A/p21(CIP1). Has E3 SUMO-protein ligase activity toward itself via its PHD-type zinc finger.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested including spleen, thymus, prostate, testis, ovary, small intestine, colon and peripheral blood leukocytes.
- PathwayProtein modification; protein sumoylation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TRIM/RBCC family.
Contains 2 B box-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 bromo domain.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
- DomainThe HP1 box is both necessary and sufficient for HP1 binding.
The PHD-type zinc finger enhances CEBPB transcriptional activity. The PHD-type zinc finger, the HP1 box and the bromo domain, function together to assemble the machinery required for repression of KRAB domain-containing proteins. Acts as an intramolecular SUMO E3 ligase for autosumoylation of bromodomain.
The RING-finger-B Box-coiled-coil/tripartite motif (RBCC/TRIM motif) is required for interaction with the KRAB domain of KRAB-zinc finger proteins. Binds four zinc ions per molecule. The RING finger and the N-terminal of the leucine zipper alpha helical coiled-coil region of RBCC are required for oligomerization.
Contains one Pro-Xaa-Val-Xaa-Leu (PxVxL) motif, which is required for interaction with chromoshadow domains. This motif requires additional residues -7, -6, +4 and +5 of the central Val which contact the chromoshadow domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. ATM-induced phosphorylation on Ser-824 represses sumoylation leading to the de-repression of expression of a subset of genes involved in cell cycle control and apoptosis in response to genotoxic stress. Dephosphorylation by the phosphatases, PPP1CA and PP1CB forms, allows sumoylation and expression of TRIM28 target genes.
Sumoylation/desumoylation events regulate TRIM28-mediated transcriptional repression. Sumoylation is required for interaction with CHD3 and SETDB1 and the corepressor activity. Represses and is repressed by Ser-824 phosphorylation. Enhances the TRIM28 corepressor activity, inhibiting transcriptional activity of a number of genes including GADD45A and CDKN1A/p21. Lys-554, Lys-779 and Lys-804 are the major sites of sumoylation. In response to Dox-induced DNA damage, enhanced phosphorylation on Ser-824 prevents sumoylation and allows de-repression of CDKN1A/p21.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Associated with centromeric heterochromatin during cell differentiation through CBX1.
- E3 SUMO protein ligase TRIM28 antibodyE3 SUMO-protein ligase TRIM28 antibodyFLJ29029 antibody
- KAP 1 antibodyKAP-1 antibodyKRAB associated protein 1 antibodyKRAB interacting protein 1 antibodyKRAB-associated protein 1 antibodyKRAB-interacting protein 1 antibodyKRIP 1 antibodyKRIP-1 antibodyKRIP1 antibodyNuclear corepressor KAP 1 antibodyNuclear corepressor KAP-1 antibodyRING finger protein 96 antibodyRNF96 antibodyTF1B antibodyTIF1 beta antibodyTIF1-beta antibodyTIF1B antibodyTIF1B_HUMAN antibodyTranscription intermediary factor 1 beta antibodyTranscription intermediary factor 1-beta antibodyTRIM28 antibodyTripartite motif containing 28 antibodytripartite motif containing protein 28 antibodyTripartite motif-containing protein 28 antibody
Anti-KAP1 antibody - ChIP Grade images
Predicted band size : 100 kDa
ab3831 staining (0.5µg/ml) of HepG2 lysate (RIPA buffer, 30µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
TIF1b is uniformly distributed in the two pronuclei of the mouse embryo at the late zygote stage. Mouse zygotes were processed for immunostaining using the KAP1 antibody. DNA is shown in blue. The dilution used was 1 to 100 in PBS-Tween with 3% BSA. This is part of the review submitted by ME Torres-Padilla on 27 July 2004.
ab3831 at 2.5 µg/ml staining KAP1 in Human breast tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, AP-staining.
ab3831 (4µg/ml) staining of paraffin embedded Human Breast shows nuclear staining in epithelial duct cells. Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, HRP-staining.
References for Anti-KAP1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab3831)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yüce Ö & West SC Senataxin, defective in the neurodegenerative disorder ataxia with oculomotor apraxia 2, lies at the interface of transcription and the DNA damage response. Mol Cell Biol 33:406-17 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23149945) »
- Noon AT et al. 53BP1-dependent robust localized KAP-1 phosphorylation is essential for heterochromatic DNA double-strand break repair. Nat Cell Biol 12:177-84 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20081839) »