Anti-MMP13 antibody (ab39012)
- Product nameAnti-MMP13 antibodySee all MMP13 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP13
- Specificityab39012 recognizes the latent proenzyme, at 60 Kd, as well as the active form at 48 Kd, and intermediate activation forms. It does not cross react with the other MMP family members.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human
Synthetic peptide based on the hinge region of human MMP13.
(Peptide available as ab44853.)
- Epitopeab39012 recognizes the Hinge region of MMP13.
- Positive controlcell media from human chondrosarcoma (IL1 beta treated).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody has been peptide-affinity purified.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39012 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/3000 - 1/6000. Predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa.Can be blocked with MMP13 peptide (Hinge Region) (ab44853). 1/3000, when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT - 1/6000, when using chemiluminescent substrates. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection. When used against the reduced protein identifies a band at 60 Kd. Note: The low endogenous protein levels may require concentration of samples by ultrafiltration or ammonium sulfate precipitation prior to Western blotting.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [181-15A12] to MMP13 (ab77949). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with Ab77949 as Capture.|
- FunctionDegrades collagen type I. Does not act on gelatin or casein. Could have a role in tumoral process.
- Tissue specificitySeems to be specific to breast carcinomas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MMP13 are the cause of spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia Missouri type (SEMD-MO) [MIM:602111]. A bone disease characterized by moderate to severe metaphyseal changes, mild epiphyseal involvement, rhizomelic shortening of the lower limbs with bowing of the femora and/or tibiae, coxa vara, genu varum and pear-shaped vertebrae in childhood. Epimetaphyseal changes improve with age.
Defects in MMP13 are the cause of metaphyseal anadysplasia type 1 (MANDP1) [MIM:602111]. Metaphyseal anadysplasia consists of an abnormal bone development characterized by severe skeletal changes that, in contrast with the progressive course of most other skeletal dysplasias, resolve spontaneously with age. Clinical characteristics are evident from the first months of life and include slight shortness of stature and a mild varus deformity of the legs. Patients attain a normal stature in adolescence and show improvement or complete resolution of varus deformity of the legs and rhizomelic micromelia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CLG 3 antibodyCLG3 antibodyCLG3 antibody
- Collagenase 3 antibodyCollagenase 3 antibodyCollagenase3 antibodyMANDP1 antibodyMatrix metallopeptidase 13 (collagenase 3) antibodyMatrix Metalloproteinase 13 antibodyMatrix Metalloproteinase 13 antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase-13 antibodyMMP 13 antibodyMMP-13 antibodyMmp13 antibodyMMP13_HUMAN antibody
Anti-MMP13 antibody images
Standard curve for MMP13; dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [181-15A12] to MMP13 (ab77949) at 1µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to MMP13 - Hinge region (ab39012) at 0.5µg/ml.
All lanes : Anti-MMP13 antibody (ab39012) at 1/3000 dilution
Lane 1 : cell media from human chondrosarcoma (untreated).
Lane 2 : cell media from human chondrosarcoma (IL1 beta treated).
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab39012 staining MMP13 in Mouse endochondral precursor (rib cartilage) tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). The sections were PFA-fixed prior to blocking with 10% serum for 1 hour at 19°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 647-conjugated Donkey anti-Rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody, diluted 1/200. DAPI was used for the blue counterstain.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human colon carcinoma tissue, staining MMP13 with ab39012.
Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% serum for 1 hour at 24°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer (pH 6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in diluent) for 12 hours at 4°C. A biotinylated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-MMP13 antibody (ab39012)
This product has been referenced in:
- Eisenbarth SC et al. NLRP10 is a NOD-like receptor essential to initiate adaptive immunity by dendritic cells. Nature 484:510-3 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22538615) »
- Dranse HJ et al. Genetic deletion of Cyp26b1 negatively impacts limb skeletogenesis by inhibiting chondrogenesis. J Cell Sci 124:2723-34 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21807937) »