Anti-ADAM10 antibody - Cytoplasmic domain (ab39177)
- Product nameAnti-ADAM10 antibody - Cytoplasmic domainSee all ADAM10 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAM10 - Cytoplasmic domain
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for the Cytoplasmic domain of ADAM10 and can detect latent and active forms of the enzyme.It will not recognize the shorter form, lacking the transmembrane and Cytoplasmic domains.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide based on the Cytoplasmic domain of human ADAM10, within the last 30 C-terminus amino acids of the 748 amino acid human sequence.
(Peptide available as ab41164.)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody has been peptide-affinity purified.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39177 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21325636|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa).Can be blocked with ADAM10 peptide (Cytoplasmic domain) (ab41164).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19823572Bovine ADAM10-HA construct|
- FunctionCleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TNF-alpha at '76-Ala-
-Val-77' to its mature soluble form. Responsible for the proteolytical release of soluble JAM3 from endothelial cells surface. Responsible for the proteolytic release of several other cell-surface proteins, including heparin-binding epidermal growth-like factor, ephrin-A2 and for constitutive and regulated alpha-secretase cleavage of amyloid precursor protein (APP). Contributes to the normal cleavage of the cellular prion protein. Involved in the cleavage of the adhesion molecule L1 at the cell surface and in released membrane vesicles, suggesting a vesicle-based protease activity. Controls also the proteolytic processing of Notch and mediates lateral inhibition during neurogenesis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in spleen, lymph node, thymus, peripheral blood leukocyte, bone marrow, cartilage, chondrocytes and fetal liver.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Is localized in the plasma membrane but is predominantly expressed in the Golgi apparatus and in released membrane vesicles derived likely from the Golgi.
- A disintegrin and metalloprotease domain 10 antibodyA Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain 10 antibodyA Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain 10 antibody
- AD 10 antibodyAD10 antibodyADA10_HUMAN antibodyADAM 10 antibodyADAM metallopeptidase domain 10 antibodyADAM10 antibodyCD 156c antibodyCD156c antibodyCD156c antigen antibodyCDw156 antibodydisintegrin and metalloproteinase domain containing protein 10 antibodyDisintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 10 antibodyHsT 18717 antibodyHsT18717 antibodykuz antibodyKuz antibodyKuzbanian antibodyKuzbanian antibodyKuzbanian protein homolog antibodyMADM antibodyMADM antibodyMammalian disintegrin metalloprotease antibodyMammalian disintegrin-metalloprotease antibody
Anti-ADAM10 antibody - Cytoplasmic domain images
Methanol fixed HeLs cells stained with ab39177 (10 µg/ml) for 1 hour at 22°C. For further details please refer to the Abreview
IHC image of ab39177 staining in human normal lymph node formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab39177, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-ADAM10 antibody - Cytoplasmic domain (ab39177)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cong R et al. A disintegrin and metalloprotease 10 activity sheds the ectodomain of the amyloid precursor-like protein 2 and regulates protein expression in proximal tubule cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 300:C1366-74 (2011). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21325636) »
- Shirakabe K et al. VIP36 Protein Is a Target of Ectodomain Shedding and Regulates Phagocytosis in Macrophage Raw 264.7 Cells. J Biol Chem 286:43154-63 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22016386) »