Anti-B Raf antibody (ab40899)
- Product nameAnti-B Raf antibodySee all B Raf primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to B Raf
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 700 to the C-terminus of Human B Raf.
(Peptide available as ab40898.)
- Positive controlab40899 gave a positive signal in the following Tissue Lysates: Brain (Human) and Brain (Rat).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40899 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).Can be blocked with B Raf peptide (ab40898).|
- FunctionInvolved in the transduction of mitogenic signals from the cell membrane to the nucleus. May play a role in the postsynaptic responses of hippocampal neuron.
- Tissue specificityBrain and testis.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in BRAF are found in a wide range of cancers.
Defects in BRAF may be a cause of colorectal cancer (CRC) [MIM:114500].
Defects in BRAF are involved in lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980].
Defects in BRAF are involved in non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) [MIM:605027]. NHL is a cancer that starts in cells of the lymph system, which is part of the body's immune system. NHLs can occur at any age and are often marked by enlarged lymph nodes, fever and weight loss.
Defects in BRAF are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
Defects in BRAF are the cause of Noonan syndrome type 7 (NS7) [MIM:613706]. Noonan syndrome is a disorder characterized by facial dysmorphic features such as hypertelorism, a downward eyeslant and low-set posteriorly rotated ears. Other features can include short stature, a short neck with webbing or redundancy of skin, cardiac anomalies, deafness, motor delay and variable intellectual deficits.
Defects in BRAF are the cause of LEOPARD syndrome type 3 (LEOPARD3) [MIM:613707]. LEOPARD3 is a disorder characterized by lentigines, electrocardiographic conduction abnormalities, ocular hypertelorism, pulmonic stenosis, abnormalities of genitalia, retardation of growth, and sensorineural deafness.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving BRAF is found in pilocytic astrocytomas. A tandem duplication of 2 Mb at 7q34 leads to the expression of a KIAA1549-BRAF fusion protein with a constitutive kinase activity and inducing cell transformation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAF subfamily.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 RBD (Ras-binding) domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Colocalizes with RGS14 and RAF1 in both the cytoplasm and membranes.
- FLJ95109 antibody94 kDa B raf protein antibodyB raf 1 antibody
- B raf 1 antibodyB Raf proto oncogene serine threonine protein kinase antibodyB Raf proto oncogene serine threonine protein kinase antibodyBRAF 1 antibodyBRaf antibodyBRaf antibodyBRAF_HUMAN antibodyBRAF1 antibodyBRAF1 antibodycRmil antibodyMGC126806 antibodyMGC138284 antibodyMurine sarcoma viral (v-raf) oncogene homolog B1 antibodyMurine sarcoma viral (v-raf) oncogene homolog B1 antibodyMurine sarcoma viral v raf oncogene homolog B1 antibodyMurine sarcoma viral v raf oncogene homolog B1 antibodyNS7 antibodyp94 antibodyp94 antibodyProto-oncogene B-Raf antibodyProto-oncogene c-Rmil antibodyRAFB 1 antibodyRAFB1 antibodyRAFB1 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase B-raf antibodyv raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 antibodyv raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 antibodyv-Raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1 antibody
Anti-B Raf antibody images
All lanes : Anti-B Raf antibody (ab40899) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Brain (Rat) Rat Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Observed band size : 85 kDa
References for Anti-B Raf antibody (ab40899)
ab40899 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.