Anti-c-Fos antibody (ab429)
- Product nameAnti-c-Fos antibodySee all c-Fos primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Fos
- SpecificityReacts specifically with 55 kDa protein derived from a transfected CEF cell line.
- Tested applicationsWB, EMSA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken
Predicted to work with: Bird
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole Serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab429 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.|
|EMSA||EMSA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionNuclear phosphoprotein which forms a tight but non-covalently linked complex with the JUN/AP-1 transcription factor. In the heterodimer, FOS and JUN/AP-1 basic regions each seems to interact with symmetrical DNA half sites. On TGF-beta activation, forms a multimeric SMAD3/SMAD4/JUN/FOS complex at the AP1/SMAD-binding site to regulate TGF-beta-mediated signaling. Has a critical function in regulating the Has a critical function in regulating the development of cells destined to form and maintain the skeleton. It is thought to have an important role in signal transduction, cell proliferation and differentiation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Fos subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated in the C-terminal upon stimulation by nerve growth factor (NGF) and epidermal growth factor (EGF). Phosphorylated, in vitro, by MAPK and RSK1. Phosphorylation on both Ser-362 and Ser-374 by MAPK1/2 and RSK1/2 leads to protein stabilization with phosphorylation on Ser-374 being the major site for protein stabilization on NGF stimulation. Phosphorylation on Ser-362 and Ser-374 primes further phosphorylations on Thr-325 and Thr-331 through promoting docking of MAPK to the DEF domain. Phosphorylation on Thr-232, induced by HA-RAS, activates the transcriptional activity and antagonizes sumoylation. Phosphorylation on Ser-362 by RSK2 in osteoblasts contributes to osteoblast transformation.
Constitutively sumoylated by SUMO1, SUMO2 and SUMO3. Desumoylated by SENP2. Sumoylation requires heterodimerization with JUN and is enhanced by mitogen stimulation. Sumoylation inhibits the AP-1 transcriptional activity and is, itself, inhibited by Ras-activated phosphorylation on Thr-232.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Activator protein 1 antibodyAP 1 antibodyCellular oncogene c fos antibody
- Cellular oncogene fos antibodyFBJ murine osteosarcoma viral (v fos) oncogene homolog (oncogene FOS) antibodyFBJ murine osteosarcoma viral v fos oncogene homolog antibodyFBJ Osteosarcoma Virus antibodyFOS antibodyFOS protein antibodyFOS_HUMAN antibodyG0 G1 switch regulatory protein 7 antibodyG0/G1 switch regulatory protein 7 antibodyG0S7 antibodyOncogene FOS antibodyp55 antibodyproto oncogene c Fos antibodyProto oncogene protein c fos antibodyProto-oncogene c-Fos antibodyv fos FBJ murine osteosarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibody
Anti-c-Fos antibody images
Anti-c-Fos antibody (ab429) at 1/500 dilution + Whole cell lysate of chicken embryonic fibroblasts at 20 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP) (ab6721) at 1/1000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Exposure time : 1 minute
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview