Anti-Dscam antibody (ab43847)
- Product nameAnti-Dscam antibodySee all Dscam primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dscam
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1150 - 1250 of Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) Dscam.
(Peptide available as ab43846.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Drosophila S2 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab43847 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 222 kDa.Can be blocked with Dscam peptide (ab43846).|
- FunctionCell adhesion molecule that plays a role in neuronal self-avoidance. Promotes repulsion between specific neuronal processes of either the same cell or the same subtype of cells. Mediates within retinal amacrine and ganglion cell subtypes both isoneuronal self-avoidance for creating an orderly dendritic arborization and heteroneuronal self-avoidance to maintain the mosaic spacing between amacrine and ganglion cell bodies. Receptor for netrin required for axon guidance independently of and in collaboration with the receptor DCC. In spinal chord development plays a role in guiding commissural axons projection and pathfinding across the ventral midline to reach the floor plate upon ligand binding. Enhances netrin-induced phosphorylation of PAK1 and FYN. Mediates intracellular signaling by stimulating the activation of MAPK8 and MAP kinase p38.
- Tissue specificityPrimarily expressed in brain.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 6 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 10 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainIg-like C2-type domains 7 to 9 are sufficient for interaction with NTN1 and commissural axon outgrowth. The transmembrane domain is necessary for interaction with DCC.
modificationsPhosphorylated at tyrosine residues. Phosphorylation is enhanced by netrin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Localized in the soma, cell membrane, axon and growth cone of dissociated commissural axons.
- CHD2 42 antibodyCHD2 52 antibodyCHD2 antibody
- CHD2-52 antibodyDown syndrome cell adhesion molecule antibodyDSCAM antibodyDSCAM_HUMAN antibodyhuman CHD2-52 down syndrome cell adhesion molecule 2, 9 antibodyOTTHUMP00000109193 2 antibodySD11109p antibody
Anti-Dscam antibody images
Anti-Dscam antibody (ab43847) at 1 µg/ml + Drosophila S2 Cells at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 222 kDa
Observed band size : 235 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 minute
References for Anti-Dscam antibody (ab43847)
ab43847 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.