Anti-SA1 antibody (ab4455)
- Product nameAnti-SA1 antibodySee all SA1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to SA1
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide (Human) - 36 amino acids which represent a portion of SA 1 encoded in part by exons 5 and 6.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4455 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. (PMID 20124417)
WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 144 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 144 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionComponent of cohesin complex, a complex required for the cohesion of sister chromatids after DNA replication. The cohesin complex apparently forms a large proteinaceous ring within which sister chromatids can be trapped. At anaphase, the complex is cleaved and dissociates from chromatin, allowing sister chromatids to segregate. The cohesin complex may also play a role in spindle pole assembly during mitosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SCC3 family.
Contains 1 SCD (stromalin conservative) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PLK. The large dissociation of cohesin from chromosome arms during prophase is partly due to its phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Associates with chromatin. Before prophase it is scattered along chromosome arms. During prophase, most of cohesin complexes dissociate from chromatin probably because of phosphorylation by PLK, except at centromeres, where cohesin complexes remain. At anaphase, the RAD21 subunit of cohesin is cleaved, leading to the dissociation of the complex from chromosomes, allowing chromosome separation.
- Cohesin subunit SA 1 antibodyCohesin subunit SA-1 antibodyCohesin Subunit SA1 antibody
- condensin antibodyNuclear protein stromal antigen 1 antibodypds 5 antibodySA 1 antibodysa 2 antibodySCC 3 homolog 1 antibodySCC1 antibodyScc3 antibodySCC3 homolog 1 antibodySTAG 1 antibodystag1 antibodySTAG1_HUMAN antibodyStromal antigen 1 antibody
Anti-SA1 antibody images
Predicted band size : 144 kDa
Nuclear Extract from HeLa cells (~5 x 105 cells).
ab4455 at 0.5 µg/ml.
Detection: ECL with 15 second exposure.
Goat polyclonal to SA1 antibody (ab4455) at a 1/500 dilution detecting Stromal Antigen 1 in assynchronous HeLa cells. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and counterstained with DAPI. Secondary antibody:Donkey anti-goat IgG conjugated to Cy3. For further information please refer to abreview.
References for Anti-SA1 antibody (ab4455)
This product has been referenced in:
- Xiao T et al. Specific Sites in the C Terminus of CTCF Interact with the SA2 Subunit of the Cohesin Complex and Are Required for Cohesin-Dependent Insulation Activity. Mol Cell Biol 31:2174-83 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21444719) »
- Leman AR et al. Human Timeless and Tipin stabilize replication forks and facilitate sister-chromatid cohesion. J Cell Sci 123:660-70 (2010). WB, IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20124417) »