Anti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody (ab45932)
- Product nameAnti-Cardiac Troponin T antibodySee all Cardiac Troponin T primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cardiac Troponin T
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, Sandwich ELISA, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog
Does not react withMouse
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Human cardiac Troponin T.
(Peptide available as ab47005.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Human Fetal Heart Tissue Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45932 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [1F11] to Cardiac Troponin T (ab10214). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Mouse monoclonal [1F11] to Cardiac Troponin T (ab10214) as Capture.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/400. Incubate for 1-2 hours.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).Can be blocked with cardiac Troponin T peptide (ab47005).|
- FunctionTroponin T is the tropomyosin-binding subunit of troponin, the thin filament regulatory complex which confers calcium-sensitivity to striated muscle actomyosin ATPase activity.
- Tissue specificityHeart. The fetal heart shows a greater expression in the atrium than in the ventricle, while the adult heart shows a greater expression in the ventricle than in the atrium. Isoform 6 predominates in normal adult heart. Isoforms 1, 7 and 8 are expressed in fetal heart. Isoform 7 is also expressed in failing adult heart.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial hypertrophic type 2 (CMH2) [MIM:115195]. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a hereditary heart disorder characterized by ventricular hypertrophy, which is usually asymmetric and often involves the interventricular septum. The symptoms include dyspnea, syncope, collapse, palpitations, and chest pain. They can be readily provoked by exercise. The disorder has inter- and intrafamilial variability ranging from benign to malignant forms with high risk of cardiac failure and sudden cardiac death.
Defects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1D (CMD1D) [MIM:601494]. Dilated cardiomyopathy is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Defects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial restrictive type 3 (RCM3) [MIM:612422]. Restrictive cardiomyopathy is a heart disorder characterized by impaired filling of the ventricles with reduced diastolic volume, in the presence of normal or near normal wall thickness and systolic function.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the troponin T family.
- Entrez Gene: 493940 Cat
- Entrez Gene: 286816 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403532 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 7139 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100009428 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 24837 Rat
- Omim: 191045 Human
- SwissProt: P13789 Cow
- SwissProt: P45379 Human
- SwissProt: P09741 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P50753 Rat
- Unigene: 533613 Human
- Unigene: 9965 Rat
- Cardiac muscle troponin T antibodyCardiomyopathy dilated 1D (autosomal dominant) antibodyCardiomyopathy hypertrophic 2 antibody
- CMD1D antibodyCMH2 antibodyCMPD2 antibodycTnT antibodyLVNC6 antibodyMGC3889 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033864 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033865 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033866 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033867 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033870 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218095 antibodyRCM3 antibodyTNNT 2 antibodyTNNT2 antibodyTNNT2_HUMAN antibodyTnTC antibodyTroponin T cardiac muscle antibodyTroponin T type 2 (cardiac) antibodyTroponin T type 2 cardiac antibodyTroponin T, cardiac muscle antibodyTroponin T2 antibodyTroponin T2 cardiac antibody
Anti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody images
Standard Curve for Cardiac Troponin T (Analyte: Cardiac Troponin T protein (His tag) (ab86685)); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1ug/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [1F11] to Cardiac Troponin T (ab10214) at 5ug/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to cardiac Troponin T (ab45932) at 0.5ug/ml.
Anti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody (ab45932) at 1 µg/ml + Heart (Human) Whole Cell Lysate - fetal normal tissue at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 40 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ab45932 staining cardiac Troponin T in human fetal cardiomyocytes by ICC/IF. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed, permeabilized in 0.1% (PBS) saponin buffer and blocked in 10% serum for 45 minutes at 37°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/400 (0.1% saponin, 10% goat serum, 0.01% triton) and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 37°C. A Alexa Fluor® 594 conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG (L+H), diluted 1/600 was used as secondary.
IHC image of Cardiac Troponin T staining in human heart formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab45932, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ab45932 staining Cardiac Troponin T in rat cardiac cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence).
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X-100 in 3% paraformaldehyde. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/400 in diluent) for 1 hour at room temperature. A Cy3®-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody (ab45932)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gentile A et al. Human epicardium-derived cells fuse with high efficiency with skeletal myotubes and differentiate toward the skeletal muscle phenotype: a comparison study with stromal and endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell 22:581-92 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21209317) »
- Stefanovic S et al. Interplay of Oct4 with Sox2 and Sox17: a molecular switch from stem cell pluripotency to specifying a cardiac fate. J Cell Biol 186:665-73 (2009). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19736317) »