Anti-Nsr1p antibody [31C4] - Nucleolar Marker (ab4642)
- Product nameAnti-Nsr1p antibody [31C4] - Nucleolar Marker
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [31C4] to Nsr1p - Nucleolar Marker
- SpecificityThis antibody was isolated during a screen for mAbs against yeast nucleolar proteins. Specificity was determined by screening a yeast genomic library in lambda gt11. Two individually isolated, different positive clones were found. Sequencing revealed that in both clones beta-galactosidase was fused at the EcoRI site to the amino acid sequence beginning with …EFEH190 in Nsr1p. Thus, it is likely to react with an epitope(s) in the C-terminal 55% of Nsr1p.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
This was raised against a yeast nucleolar prep, and screened by immunocytochemistry and western blotting.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue Culture Supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Purification notesSterile filtered.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number31C4
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4642 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500 - 1/5000. (yeast cells).|
|WB||WB: 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 66 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa). For non-ECL western detection methods, 1/1000 - 1/5000.|
- RelevanceNsr1p is localized in the nucleolus and binds to the single-stranded telomeric repeat sequence (TG1-3)n. It has a role in ribosomal RNA maturation and possibly in transport of proteins into the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- NSR1 antibodyNuclear localization sequence binding protein antibodyp67 antibodySHE5 antibody
Anti-Nsr1p antibody [31C4] - Nucleolar Marker images
All lanes : Anti-Nsr1p antibody [31C4] - Nucleolar Marker (ab4642) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Saccharomyces cerevisae DDY1810 (WT) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Saccharomyces cerevisae DDY1810 (nsr1 knockout) whole cell lysate
Rabbit anti-mouse IgG conjugated to peroxidase at 1/30000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 45 kDa
Image courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
ab4642 (1/5000) detecting Nsr1p in
DDY1810 (red). Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with methanol/acetone and counterstained with DAPI in order to highlight the nucleus (blue).
Right hand panel: negative control performed using Saccharomyces cerevisae DDY1810 nsr1p knockout.
For further experimental details please refer to Abreview.
References for Anti-Nsr1p antibody [31C4] - Nucleolar Marker (ab4642)
ab4642 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.