Anti-DR5 antibody (ab47179)
- Product nameAnti-DR5 antibodySee all DR5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DR5
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to react with both isoforms of DR5.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: KIEDHLLSSGKFMYLEGNAD, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 388-407 of Human DR5 isoform 2. The same sequence is found in isoform 1 at amino acids 417-436.
- Positive controlHL60 or Jurkat whole cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47179 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. As reported in Younes et al. (2006).|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).Can be blocked with DR5 peptide (388/407) (ab8449).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. As reported in KOYAMA (2003).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. As reported in Georgakis et al. (2005).|
- FunctionReceptor for the cytotoxic ligand TNFSF10/TRAIL. The adapter molecule FADD recruits caspase-8 to the activated receptor. The resulting death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs caspase-8 proteolytic activation which initiates the subsequent cascade of caspases (aspartate-specific cysteine proteases) mediating apoptosis. Promotes the activation of NF-kappa-B. Essential for ER stress-induced apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult and fetal tissues; very highly expressed in tumor cell lines such as HeLaS3, K-562, HL-60, SW480, A-549 and G-361; highly expressed in heart, peripheral blood lymphocytes, liver, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, ovary, uterus, placenta, testis, esophagus, stomach and throughout the intestinal tract; not detectable in brain.
- Involvement in diseaseSquamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNSCC) [MIM:275355]: A non-melanoma skin cancer affecting the head and neck. The hallmark of cutaneous SCC is malignant transformation of normal epidermal keratinocytes. Note=The disease may be caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 death domain.
Contains 3 TNFR-Cys repeats.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Fas like protein antibodyApoptosis inducing protein TRICK2A/2B antibodyApoptosis inducing receptor TRAIL R2 antibody
- CD 262 antibodyCD262 antibodyCD262 antigen antibodyCytotoxic TRAIL receptor 2 antibodyDeath domain containing receptor for TRAIL/Apo 2L antibodyDeath domain containing receptor for TRAIL/Apo2L antibodyDeath receptor 5 antibodyDR 5 antibodyDR5 antibodyFas like protein precursor antibodyKILLER antibodyKILLER/DR5 antibodyOTTHUMP00000123492 antibodyOTTHUMP00000123493 antibodyp53 regulated DNA damage inducible cell death receptor (killer) antibodyp53 regulated DNA damage inducible cell death receptor(killer) antibodyTNF related apoptosis inducing ligand receptor 2 antibodyTNF related apoptosis inducing ligand receptor 2 antibodyTNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand receptor 2 antibodyTNFRSF10B antibodyTR10B_HUMAN antibodyTRAIL R2 antibodyTRAIL receptor 2 antibodyTRAIL-R2 antibodyTRAILR2 antibodyTRANCER antibodyTRICK2 antibodyTRICK2A antibodyTRICK2B antibodyTRICKB antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor like protein ZTNFR9 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor like protein ZTNFR9 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 10b antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 10b antibodyZTNFR9 antibody
Anti-DR5 antibody images
Anti-DR5 antibody (ab47179) at 1/1000 dilution + HL60 whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-DR5 antibody (ab47179)
This product has been referenced in:
- Oh Y et al. Regulation in the targeting of TRAIL receptor 1 to cell surface via GODZ for TRAIL sensitivity in tumor cells. Cell Death Differ 19:1196-207 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22240897) »
- Choi H et al. Peroxiredoxin 6 interferes with TRAIL-induced death-inducing signaling complex formation by binding to death effector domain caspase. Cell Death Differ 18:405-14 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20829884) »