Anti-14-3-3 zeta antibody (ab51129)
- Product nameAnti-14-3-3 zeta antibodySee all 14-3-3 zeta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 14-3-3 zeta
- Specificityab51129 detects endogenous levels of total 14-3-3 zeta protein.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, ICC, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human 14-3-3 zeta around the phosphorylation site of serine 58 (R-S-SP-W-R).
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma tissue or extracts from 293 cells treated with Forskolin.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51129 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately ~28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionAdapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways. Binds to a large number of partners, usually by recognition of a phosphoserine or phosphothreonine motif. Binding generally results in the modulation of the activity of the binding partner.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the 14-3-3 family.
modificationsThe delta, brain-specific form differs from the zeta form in being phosphorylated (By similarity). Phosphorylation on Ser-184 by MAPK8; promotes dissociation of BAX and translocation of BAX to mitochondria. Phosphorylation on Ser-58 by PKA; disrupts homodimerization and heterodimerization with YHAE and TP53. This phosphorylation appears to be activated by sphingosine. Phosphorylation on Thr-232; inhibits binding of RAF1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Melanosome. Located to stage I to stage IV melanosomes.
- 14 3 3 delta antibody14 3 3 protein delta antibody14 3 3 protein zeta/delta antibody
- 14 3 3 protein/cytosolic phospholipase A2 antibody14 3 3 zeta antibody14-3-3 protein zeta/delta antibody1433Z_HUMAN antibodyKCIP 1 antibodyKCIP-1 antibodyKCIP1 antibodyMGC111427 antibodyMGC126532 antibodyMGC13815 antibodyMGC138156 antibodyPhospholipase A2 antibodyProtein kinase C inhibitor protein 1 antibodyTyrosine 3 monooxygenase/tryptophan 5 monooxygenase activation protein zeta polypeptide antibodyTyrosine 3 monooxygenase/tryptophan 5 monooxygenase activation protein, delta polypeptide antibodyTyrosine 3 monooxygenase/tryptophan 5 monooxygenase activation protein, zeta polypeptide antibodyTyrosine 3/tryptophan 5 monooxygenase activation protein, zeta polypeptide antibodyYWHAD antibodyYWHAZ antibody
Anti-14-3-3 zeta antibody images
This image shows paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue stained with ab51129 at a dilution of 1/100. Right hand image: tissue treated with immunising peptide; left hand image: untreated tissue
All lanes : Anti-14-3-3 zeta antibody (ab51129)
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with Forskolin (40nM, 30min) with no peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with Forskolin (40nM, 30min) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 28 kDa
Observed band size : 28 kDa
All lanes : Anti-14-3-3 zeta antibody (ab51129) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 :
14-3-3 zeta protein (Human) (ab85268) at 0.1 µg
Lane 2 :
14-3-3 zeta protein (Human) (ab85268) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 4 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab51129 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab51129, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-14-3-3 zeta antibody (ab51129)
This product has been referenced in:
- Deng MY et al. Frontal-Subcortical Protein Expression following Prenatal Exposure to Maternal Inflammation. PLoS One 6:e16638 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21347362) »
- Broadstock M et al. Synaptic protein expression is regulated by a pro-oxidant diet in APPxPS1 mice. J Neural Transm : (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22057511) »