Anti-MST3 antibody [EP1468Y] (ab51137)
- Product nameAnti-MST3 antibody [EP1468Y]See all MST3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1468Y] to MST3
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IP, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues on the C-terminus of human MST3.
- Positive controlHeLa cells, human brain tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1468Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51137 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/30.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that acts on both serine and threonine residues and promotes apoptosis in response to stress stimuli and caspase activation. Mediates oxidative-stress-induced cell death by modulating phosphorylation of JNK1-JNK2 (MAPK8 and MAPK9), p38 (MAPK11, MAPK12, MAPK13 and MAPK14) during oxidative stress. Plays a role in a staurosporine-induced caspase-independent apoptotic pathway by regulating the nuclear translocation of AIFM1 and ENDOG and the DNase activity associated with ENDOG. Phosphorylates STK38L on 'Thr-442' and stimulates its kinase activity. Regulates cellular migration with alteration of PTPN12 activity and PXN phosphorylation: phosphorylates PTPN12 and inhibits its activity and may regulate PXN phosphorylation through PTPN12. May act as a key regulator of axon regeneration in the optic nerve and radial nerve.
- Tissue specificityIsoform A is ubiquitous. Isoform B is expressed in brain with high expression in hippocampus and cerebral cortex.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. STE20 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsProteolytically processed by caspases during apoptosis. Proteolytic cleavage results in kinase activation, nuclear translocation of the truncated form (MST3/N) and the induction of apoptosis.
Isoform B is activated by phosphorylation by PKA. Oxidative stress induces phosphorylation. Activated by autophosphorylation at Thr-190 and phosphorylation at this site is essential for its function. Manganese, magnesium and cobalt-dependent autophosphorylation is mainly on threonine residues while zinc-dependent autophosphorylation is on both serine and threonine residues.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane. The truncated form (MST3/N) translocates to the nucleus. Co-localizes with STK38L in the membrane.
- Mammalian STE20 like protein kinase 3 antibodyMammalian STE20-like protein kinase 3 antibodyMammalian STE20-like protein kinase 3 C-terminal antibody
- Mammalian STE20-like protein kinase 3 N-terminal antibodyMST-3 antibodyMST3/C antibodyMST3/N antibodyMST3B antibodyserine threonine kinase 24 antibodySerine/threonine kinase 24 (Ste20, yeast homolog) antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase 24 12 kDa subunit antibodySTE20 homolog yeast antibodySTE20 like kinase MST3 antibodySTE20-like kinase MST3 antibodyStk24 antibodySTK24_HUMAN antibodySTK3 antibody
Anti-MST3 antibody [EP1468Y] images
Anti-MST3 antibody [EP1468Y] (ab51137) at 1/5000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 49 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab51137 (1:100) staining human MST3 in human brain tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells using ab51137 (1:100).
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab51137 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab51137, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
References for Anti-MST3 antibody [EP1468Y] (ab51137)
This product has been referenced in:
- Costa B et al. STK25 Protein Mediates TrkA and CCM2 Protein-dependent Death in Pediatric Tumor Cells of Neural Origin. J Biol Chem 287:29285-9 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22782892) »
- Gordon J et al. Protein phosphatase 2a (PP2A) binds within the oligomerization domain of striatin and regulates the phosphorylation and activation of the mammalian Ste20-Like kinase Mst3. BMC Biochem 12:54 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21985334) »