Anti-ALDH1A1 antibody [EP1933Y] (ab52492)
- Product nameAnti-ALDH1A1 antibody [EP1933Y]See all ALDH1A1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1933Y] to ALDH1A1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP, ICC, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C-terminus of human Aldh1a1
- Positive controlHepG2 cell lysate; human liver tissue
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1933Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52492 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21396117|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionBinds free retinal and cellular retinol-binding protein-bound retinal. Can convert/oxidize retinaldehyde to retinoic acid.
- PathwayCofactor metabolism; retinol metabolism.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldehyde dehydrogenase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- Acetaldehyde dehydrogenase 1 antibodyAHD2 antibodyAL1A1_HUMAN antibody
- ALDC antibodyAldehyde dehydrogenase 1 family member A1 antibodyAldehyde dehydrogenase 1 soluble antibodyAldehyde dehydrogenase 1A1 antibodyAldehyde Dehydrogenase antibodyAldehyde dehydrogenase cytosolic antibodyAldehyde dehydrogenase family 1 member A1 antibodyAldehyde dehydrogenase liver cytosolic antibodyALDH 1 antibodyALDH 1A1 antibodyALDH class 1 antibodyALDH-E1 antibodyALDH1 A1 antibodyALDH1 antibodyALDH11 antibodyALDH1A1 antibodyALHDII antibodycytosolic antibodyMGC2318 antibodyPUMB1 antibodyRALDH 1 antibodyRalDH1 antibodyRetinal dehydrogenase 1 antibody
Anti-ALDH1A1 antibody [EP1933Y] images
Anti-ALDH1A1 antibody [EP1933Y] (ab52492) at 1/2000 dilution + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labeled Goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human liver using ab52492 at 1/100 dilution.
ICC/IF image of ab52492 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab52492, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab52492 showing positive staining in Normal brain tissue.
ab52492 showing positive staining in Normal lung tissue.
ab52492 showing positive staining in Normal kidney tissue.
References for Anti-ALDH1A1 antibody [EP1933Y] (ab52492)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kiefer FW et al. Retinaldehyde dehydrogenase 1 regulates a thermogenic program in white adipose tissue. Nat Med 18:918-25 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22561685) »
- Burga LN et al. Loss of BRCA1 leads to an increase in epidermal growth factor receptor expression in mammary epithelial cells, and epidermal growth factor receptor inhibition prevents estrogen receptor-negative cancers in BRCA1-mutant mice. Breast Cancer Res 13:R30 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21396117) »