Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [EP1332Y] (ab52866)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody [EP1332Y]See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1332Y] to alpha Tubulin
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) (N terminal)
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate, human gastric carcinoma tissue or HeLa cells.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1332Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52866 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/250 - 1/500.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/20 - 1/50.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21933451|
- RelevanceTubulin is the major building block of microtubules. This intracellular cylindrical filamentous structure is present in almost all eukaryotic cells. Microtubules function as structural and mobile elements in mitosis, intracellular transport, flagellar movement and in the cytoskeleton. Tubulin is a heterodimer which consists of alpha tubulin and beta tubulin.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7278 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7846 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22142 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64158 Rat
- Omim: 191110 Human
- Omim: 602529 Human
- Omim: 602528 Human
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: Q71U36 Human
- SwissProt: Q13748 Human
- SwissProt: P68369 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5XJF8 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68370 Rat
- Alpha tubulin 2 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3C/D antibody
- Alpha tubulin ubiquitous antibodyB ALPHA 1 antibodybA408E5.3 antibodyH2 ALPHA antibodyHum a tub1 antibodyHum a tub2 antibodyLIS3 antibodyTUBA1 antibodyTUBA1A antibodyTUBA2 antibodyTUBA3 antibodyTUBA3C antibodyTUBA3D antibodyTUBA4A antibodyTubulin alpha 1 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 1A chain antibodyTubulin alpha 2 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3C/D chain antibodyTubulin alpha antibodyTubulin alpha ubiquitous chain antibodyTubulin B alpha 1 antibodyTubulin K alpha 1 antibodyTubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibodyTubulin, alpha 1a antibodyTubulin, alpha 2 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3c antibodyTubulin, alpha 4a antibodyTubulin, alpha, brain specific antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [EP1332Y] images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab52866 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52866, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit monoclonal IgG (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [EP1332Y] (ab52866) at 1/50000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa
Ab52866 (1:250) staining human alpha Tubulin in human gastric carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
ab52866 staining alpha Tubulin in 293 Human embryonic kidney cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 2 hours at 23°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in 0.5% saponin) for 2 hours at 23°C. An Alexa Fluor®555-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI.
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat kidney tubule tissue, staining alpha Tubulin with ab52866.
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [EP1332Y] (ab52866)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ridgway LD et al. Heparanase-induced GEF-H1 signaling regulates the cytoskeletal dynamics of brain metastatic breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res 10:689-702 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22513363) »
- Akimoto Y et al. Morphological changes in diabetic kidney are associated with increased O-GlcNAcylation of cytoskeletal proteins including a-actinin 4. Clin Proteomics 8:15 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21933451) »