Anti-Calpain 1 antibody [2H2A7C2] (ab5441)
- Product nameAnti-Calpain 1 antibody [2H2A7C2]See all Calpain 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2H2A7C2] to Calpain 1
- SpecificityThis antibody does not cross-react with m-calpain, n-calpain, calmodulin or calpastatin.
- Tested applicationsICC, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Cow, Human, Pig
Purified bovine skeletal muscle 80 kDa mu-calpain subunit.
- EpitopeThis antibody recognizes an epitope between amino acids 245-265 (domain II) of human mu-calpain.
- Positive controlMouse lung lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Raw Ascites
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2H2A7C2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5441 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa representing mu-calpain from human platelets and erythrocytes.
Immunocytochemical staining of mu-calpain in porcine LLC-PK1 cells with ab5441 results in diffuse cytoplasmic staining.
Is unsuitable for IP.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
- Ca2 activated neutral protease antibodyCalcium activated neutral proteinase 1 antibodyCalcium activated neutral proteinase antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase small subunit antibodyCalcium dependent protease small subunit 1 antibodyCalcium dependent protease small subunit antibodyCalcium-activated neutral proteinase 1 antibodyCalpain 1 (mu/I) large subunit antibodyCalpain 1 antibodyCalpain 1 catalytic subunit antibodyCalpain 1 large subunit antibodyCalpain Large Polypeptide L1 antibodyCalpain mu type antibodyCalpain mu-type antibodyCalpain regulatory subunit antibodyCalpain small subunit 1 antibodyCalpain-1 catalytic subunit antibodyCalpain-1 large subunit antibodyCalpain1 antibodyCAN1_HUMAN antibodyCANP 1 antibodyCANP antibodyCANP small subunit antibodyCANPL 1 antibodyCANPL1 antibodyCANPL1 antibodyCAPN 1 antibodyCAPN1 antibodyCell proliferation inducing protein 30 antibodyCell proliferation-inducing gene 30 protein antibodyMicromolar Calpain antibodyMicromolar-calpain antibodyMu Calpain antibodymuCANP antibodymuCL antibody
Anti-Calpain 1 antibody [2H2A7C2] images
Shows a Western blot of mu-calpain in mouse lung extract using ab5441.
References for Anti-Calpain 1 antibody [2H2A7C2] (ab5441)
ab5441 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.