Anti-c-Kit antibody (ab5506)
- Product nameAnti-c-Kit antibodySee all c-Kit primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Kit
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, ELISA, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 927-942 of Human Kit (c-Kit).
- Positive controlMouse pancreas lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein G column and eluted out with both high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately after elution then followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5506 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 107 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 117 kDa). Block in BSA. Blocking in milk can generate high background.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionTyrosine-protein kinase that acts as cell-surface receptor for the cytokine KITLG/SCF and plays an essential role in the regulation of cell survival and proliferation, hematopoiesis, stem cell maintenance, gametogenesis, mast cell development, migration and function, and in melanogenesis. In response to KITLG/SCF binding, KIT can activate several signaling pathways. Phosphorylates PIK3R1, PLCG1, SH2B2/APS and CBL. Activates the AKT1 signaling pathway by phosphorylation of PIK3R1, the regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Activated KIT also transmits signals via GRB2 and activation of RAS, RAF1 and the MAP kinases MAPK1/ERK2 and/or MAPK3/ERK1. Promotes activation of STAT family members STAT1, STAT3, STAT5A and STAT5B. Activation of PLCG1 leads to the production of the cellular signaling molecules diacylglycerol and inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate. KIT signaling is modulated by protein phosphatases, and by rapid internalization and degradation of the receptor. Activated KIT promotes phosphorylation of the protein phosphatases PTPN6/SHP-1 and PTPRU, and of the transcription factors STAT1, STAT3, STAT5A and STAT5B. Promotes phosphorylation of PIK3R1, CBL, CRK (isoform Crk-II), LYN, MAPK1/ERK2 and/or MAPK3/ERK1, PLCG1, SRC and SHC1.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 and isoform 2 are detected in spermatogonia and Leydig cells. Isoform 3 is detected in round spermatids, elongating spermatids and spermatozoa (at protein level). Widely expressed. Detected in the hematopoietic system, the gastrointestinal system, in melanocytes and in germ cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KIT are a cause of piebald trait (PBT) [MIM:172800]; also known as piebaldism. PBT is an autosomal dominant genetic developmental abnormality of pigmentation characterized by congenital patches of white skin and hair that lack melanocytes.
Defects in KIT are a cause of gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) [MIM:606764].
Defects in KIT have been associated with testicular germ cell tumor (TGCT) [MIM:273300]. A common solid malignancy in males. Germ cell tumors of the testis constitute 95% of all testicular neoplasms.
Defects in KIT are a cause of acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) [MIM:601626]. AML is a malignant disease in which hematopoietic precursors are arrested in an early stage of development. Note=Somatic mutations that lead to constitutive activation of KIT are detected in AML patients. These mutations fall into two classes, the most common being in-frame internal tandem duplications of variable length in the juxtamembrane region that disrupt the normal regulation of the kinase activity. Likewise, point mutations in the kinase domain can result in a constitutively activated kinase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by SOCS6. KIT is rapidly ubiquitinated after autophosphorylation induced by KITLG/SCF binding, leading to internalization and degradation.
Autophosphorylated on tyrosine residues. KITLG/SCF binding enhances autophosphorylation. Isoform 1 shows low levels of tyrosine phosphorylation in the absence of added KITLG/SCF (in vitro). Kinase activity is down-regulated by phosphorylation on serine residues by protein kinase C family members. Phosphorylation at Tyr-568 is required for interaction with PTPN11/SHP-2, CRK (isoform Crk-II) and members of the SRC tyrosine-protein kinase family. Phosphorylation at Tyr-570 is required for interaction with PTPN6/SHP-1. Phosphorylation at Tyr-703, Tyr-823 and Tyr-936 is important for interaction with GRB2. Phosphorylation at Tyr-721 is important for interaction with PIK3R1. Phosphorylation at Tyr-823 and Tyr-936 is important for interaction with GRB7.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm. Detected in the cytoplasm of spermatozoa, especially in the equatorial and subacrosomal region of the sperm head.
- C Kit antibodyc-Kit antibodyCD 117 antibody
- CD117 antibodyCD117 antigen antibodyKIT antibodyKIT oncogene antibodyKIT_HUMAN antibodyMast cell growth factor receptor antibodyMast/stem cell growth factor receptor antibodyMast/stem cell growth factor receptor Kit antibodyp145 c-kit antibodyPBT antibodyPiebald trait protein antibodyProto oncogene c Kit antibodyProto oncogene tyrosine protein kinase Kit antibodyProto-oncogene c-Kit antibodySCF Receptor antibodySCFR antibodysoluble KIT variant 1 antibodySteel Factor Receptor antibodyStem cell factor receptor antibodytyrosine protein kinase Kit antibodyTyrosine-protein kinase Kit antibodyv kit Hardy Zuckerman 4 feline sarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibodyv kit Hardy Zuckerman 4 feline sarcoma viral oncogene like protein antibodyv-kit Hardy-Zuckerman 4 feline sarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibody
Anti-c-Kit antibody images
Predicted band size : 117 kDa
ab5506 at a 1/100 dilution staining approximately 107kDa band of KIT (c-Kit) in mouse pancreas lysate by Western blot (ECl).
ab5506 staining c-Kit in human breast carcinoma (BC) tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ICC/IF image of ab5506 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab5506, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab5506 at 1/300 dilution staining c-Kit in human fetal heart by immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Sections were PFA fixed and permeabilized in saponin 0.1% in PBS prior to blocking in 10% serum for 45 minutes at 37°C and then incubated with ab5506 for 1 hour at 37°C. Alexa fluor® 488 goat polyclonal to rabbit Ig, diluted 1/600, was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-c-Kit antibody (ab5506)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yasen M et al. Changes of number of cells expressing proliferation and progenitor cell markers with age in rabbit intervertebral discs. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 45:368-76 (2013). IHC ; Rabbit . Read more (PubMed: 23449074) »
- Richardson GD et al. Telomerase expression in the mammalian heart. FASEB J : (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22919071) »