Anti-XIAP antibody (ab59282)
- Product nameAnti-XIAP antibodySee all XIAP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to XIAP
- Specificityab59282 detects endogenous levels of total XIAP protein.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
A synthesized non phosphopeptide derived from human XIAP around the phosphorylation site of serine 87 (KVSPPN).
- Positive controlHuman skeletal muscle tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59282 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionApoptotic suppressor. Has E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity. Mediates the proteasomal degradation of target proteins, such as caspase-3, SMAC or AIFM1. Inhibitor of caspase-3, -7 and -9. Mediates activation of MAP3K7/TAK1, leading to the activation of NF-kappa-B.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous, except peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in XIAP are the cause of lymphoproliferative syndrome X-linked type 2 (XLP2) [MIM:300635]. XLP is a rare immunodeficiency characterized by extreme susceptibility to infection with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Symptoms include severe or fatal mononucleosis, acquired hypogammaglobulinemia, pancytopenia and malignant lymphoma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IAP family.
Contains 3 BIR repeats.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
- DomainThe first BIR domain is involved in interaction with TAB1/MAP3K7IP1 and is important for dimerization. The second BIR domain is sufficient to inhibit caspase-3 and caspase-7, while the third BIR is involved in caspase-9 inhibition. The interactions with SMAC and PRSS25 are mediated by the second and third BIR domains.
modificationsUbiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome in apoptotic cells.
Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT protects XIAP against ubiquitination and protects the protein against proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- AP 13 antibodyAPI3 antibodyApoptosis Inhibitor 3 antibody
- Baculoviral IAP repeat containing 4 antibodyBaculoviral IAP Repeat Containing Protein 4 antibodyBaculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 4 antibodyBIRC 4 antibodyBIRC4 antibodyE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase XIAP antibodyhIAP-3 antibodyhIAP3 antibodyHILP antibodyIAP 3 antibodyIAP like protein antibodyIAP-3 antibodyIAP-like protein antibodyIAP3 antibodyILP 1 antibodyILP antibodyILP1 antibodyInhibitor of apoptosis protein 3 antibodyInhibitor of Apoptosis X Linked antibodyMammalian IAP Homologue A antibodyMIHA antibodyX linked IAP antibodyX linked inhibitor of apoptosis antibodyX linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein antibodyX-linked IAP antibodyX-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein antibodyXiap antibodyXIAP_HUMAN antibodyXLP2 antibody
Anti-XIAP antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human skeletal muscle tissue using ab59282 at a dilution of 1/50. Left hand image - without immunizing peptide; right hand image - with immunizing peptide.
References for Anti-XIAP antibody (ab59282)
ab59282 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.