Anti-PDGF Receptor beta (phospho Y1021) antibody (ab62437)
- Product nameAnti-PDGF Receptor beta (phospho Y1021) antibodySee all PDGF Receptor beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDGF Receptor beta (phospho Y1021)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of PDGF Receptor beta only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1021.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human PDGF Receptor beta around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 1021 (N-D-YP-I-I).
- Positive controlHuman brain tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThia antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62437 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionReceptor that binds specifically to PDGFB and PDGFD and has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. Phosphorylates Tyr residues at the C-terminus of PTPN11 creating a binding site for the SH2 domain of GRB2.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRB is found in a form of chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML). Translocation t(5;12)(q33;p13) with EVT6/TEL. It is characterized by abnormal clonal myeloid proliferation and by progression to acute myelogenous leukemia (AML).
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRB may be a cause of acute myelogenous leukemia. Translocation t(5;14)(q33;q32) with TRIP11. The fusion protein may be involved in clonal evolution of leukemia and eosinophilia.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRB may be a cause of juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia. Translocation t(5;17)(q33;p11.2) with SPECC1.
Defects in PDGFRB are a cause of myeloproliferative disorder chronic with eosinophilia (MPE) [MIM:131440]. A hematologic disorder characterized by malignant eosinophils proliferation. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRB is found in many instances of myeloproliferative disorder chronic with eosinophilia. Translocation t(5;12) with ETV6 on chromosome 12 creating an PDGFRB-ETV6 fusion protein.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRB may be the cause of a myeloproliferative disorder (MBD) associated with eosinophilia. Translocation t(1;5)(q23;q33) that forms a PDE4DIP-PDGFRB fusion protein.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-751, Tyr-857, Tyr-1009 and Tyr-1021.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Beta platelet derived growth factor receptor antibodyBeta-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor antibodyCD 140B antibody
- CD140 antigen-like family member B antibodyCD140B antibodyCD140b antibodyCD140b antigen antibodyIBGC4 antibodyJTK12 antibodyOTTHUMP00000160528 antibodyPDGF R beta antibodyPDGF-R-beta antibodyPDGFR 1 antibodyPDGFR antibodyPDGFR beta antibodyPDGFR1 antibodyPDGFRB antibodyPGFRB_HUMAN antibodyPlatelet derived growth factor receptor 1 antibodyPlatelet derived growth factor receptor beta antibodyPlatelet derived growth factor receptor beta polypeptide antibody
Anti-PDGF Receptor beta (phospho Y1021) antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human brain tissue using ab62437 at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right) and absence (left) of immunising phosphopeptide.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 125 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 15 seconds
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Lars Ruether
ab62437 staining the PDGF Receptor beta (phospho Y1021) in epithelial cells in Mouse brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 0.5% BSA for 20 minutes at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with citric acid (pH6.0). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in 0.5% BSA/PBS) for 1 hour. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-PDGF Receptor beta (phospho Y1021) antibody (ab62437)
ab62437 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.