Anti-MyoD1 antibody (ab64159)
- Product nameAnti-MyoD1 antibodySee all MyoD1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MyoD1
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 300 to the C-terminus of Human MyoD1.
(Peptide available as ab66473.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following Tissue Lysates: Human Heart, Mouse Skeletal Muscle, Mouse Heart
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64159 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [5.2F] to MyoD1 (ab16148). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Mouse monoclonal [5.2F] to MyoD1 (ab16148) as Capture.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).Can be blocked with MyoD1 peptide (ab66473).|
- FunctionInvolved in muscle differentiation (myogenic factor). Induces fibroblasts to differentiate into myoblasts. Activates muscle-specific promoters. Interacts with and is inhibited by the twist protein. This interaction probably involves the basic domains of both proteins.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsAcetylated by a complex containing EP300 and PCAF. The acetylation is essential to activate target genes. Conversely, its deacetylation by SIRT1 inhibits its function.
Ubiquitinated on the N-terminus; which is required for proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- bHLHc1 antibodyClass C basic helix-loop-helix protein 1 antibodyMYF 3 antibody
- Myf-3 antibodyMYF3 antibodyMyoblast determination protein 1 antibodyMyod 1 antibodyMYOD antibodyMYOD1 antibodyMYOD1_HUMAN antibodyMyogenic differentiation 1 antibodyMyogenic factor 3 antibodyMyogenic factor MYF 3 antibodyMyogenin D1 antibodyPUM antibody
Anti-MyoD1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MyoD1 antibody (ab64159) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Heart (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29431)
Lane 2 : Skeletal Muscle (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Heart (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa
References for Anti-MyoD1 antibody (ab64159)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nissar AA et al. Skeletal muscle regeneration is delayed by reduction in Xin expression: consequence of impaired satellite cell activation? Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C220-7 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 21975424) »