Anti-IL6 antibody (ab66231)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66231 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
- FunctionCytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Interleukin BSF 2 antibodyB cell differentiation factor antibodyB cell stimulatory factor 2 antibody
- B-cell stimulatory factor 2 antibodyBSF 2 antibodyBSF-2 antibodyBSF2 antibodyCDF antibodyCTL differentiation factor antibodyCytotoxic T cell differentiation factor antibodyHepatocyte stimulating factor antibodyHGF antibodyHPGF antibodyHSF antibodyHybridoma growth factor antibodyHybridoma growth factor Interferon beta-2 antibodyHybridoma plasmacytoma growth factor antibodyIFN-beta-2 antibodyIFNB2 antibodyIL 6 antibodyIL-6 antibodyIL6 antibodyIL6 protein antibodyIL6_HUMAN antibodyInterferon beta 2 antibodyInterferon beta-2 antibodyInterleukin 6 antibodyInterleukin 6 (interferon beta 2) antibodyInterleukin-6 antibodyInterleukin6 antibody
Anti-IL6 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-IL6 antibody (ab66231) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : IL6 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transfected 293T cell lysate.
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size : 24 kDa
Observed band size : 27 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 21 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.