Anti-non-muscle Myosin IIB antibody [3H2] (ab684)
- Product nameAnti-non-muscle Myosin IIB antibody [3H2]See all non-muscle Myosin IIB primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3H2] to non-muscle Myosin IIB
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with non-muscle myosin heavy chain (SMemb).
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Hamster, Human
Synthetic peptide: TSDVNETQPPQSE, corresponding to C (beta) terminal amino acids 1964-1976 of Human non-muscle Myosin IIB.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferAscitic fluid
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3H2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab684 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17478566Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionCellular myosin that appears to play a role in cytokinesis, cell shape, and specialized functions such as secretion and capping. Involved with LARP6 in the stabilization of type I collagen mRNAs for CO1A1 and CO1A2.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is expressed in cerebellum and spinal chord. Isoform 2 is expressed in cerebrum and retina. Isoform 3 is expressed in the cerebrum and to a much lower extent in cerebellum.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 IQ domain.
Contains 1 myosin head-like domain.
- DomainThe rodlike tail sequence is highly repetitive, showing cycles of a 28-residue repeat pattern composed of 4 heptapeptides, characteristic for alpha-helical coiled coils.
modificationsPhosphorylated by ABL2.
- Cellular myosin heavy chain antibodyCellular myosin heavy chain type B antibodyCellular myosin heavy chain type B type B antibody
- MGC134913 antibodyMGC134914 antibodyMYH 10 antibodyMyh10 antibodyMYH10_HUMAN antibodyMyosin 10 antibodyMyosin heavy chain 10 antibodyMyosin heavy chain 10 non muscle antibodyMyosin heavy chain antibodyMyosin heavy chain non muscle 11b antibodyMyosin heavy chain nonmuscle IIb antibodyMyosin heavy chain nonmuscle type B antibodyMyosin heavy polypeptide 10 non muscle antibodyMyosin-10 antibodyMyosin10 antibodyNMMHC B antibodyNMMHC II b antibodyNMMHC II-b antibodyNMMHC IIB antibodyNMMHC-B antibodyNMMHC-IIB antibodyNMMHCB antibodyNon muscle myosin heavy chain B antibodyNon muscle myosin heavy chain IIB antibodyNon muscle myosin II heavy chain B antibodynon-muscle IIb antibodyNon-muscle myosin heavy chain B antibodyNon-muscle myosin heavy chain IIb antibodyNonmuscle myosin heavy chain B antibodyNonmuscle myosin heavy chain IIB antibodyNonmuscle myosin II heavy chain B antibodytype B antibody
Anti-non-muscle Myosin IIB antibody [3H2] images
ICC/IF image of ab684 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab684, 1 µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive IF result in Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells.
Ab684 staining nnon-muscle Myosin IIB in Human colon.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate pH6.1. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab684 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab684, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Triton used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-non-muscle Myosin IIB antibody [3H2] (ab684)
This product has been referenced in:
- Rodríguez-Calvo R et al. Over-expression of Neuron-derived Orphan Receptor-1 (NOR-1) exacerbates neointimal hyperplasia after vascular injury. Hum Mol Genet 22:1949-59 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23390133) »
- Lacerda CM et al. Local serotonin mediates cyclic strain-induced phenotype transformation, matrix degradation, and glycosaminoglycan synthesis in cultured sheep mitral valves. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H1983-90 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22345569) »