Anti-SOX4 antibody [154C4a] - ChIP Grade (ab70598)
- Product nameAnti-SOX4 antibody [154C4a] - ChIP GradeSee all SOX4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [154C4a] to SOX4 - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsChIP, WB, Dot Blot more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Recombinant Fragment
Recombinant fragment of human SOX4 from an internal sequence.
- Positive controlRecombinant human SOX4.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab70598 was purified using protein G column chromatography from culture supernatant of hybridoma cultured in a medium containing bovine IgG-depleted (approximately 95%) fetal bovine serum and filtered through a 0.22µm membrane.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number154C4a
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70598 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21878674|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|Dot Blot||Dot: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceThe SOX (SRY-box containing gene) gene family encodes a group of transcription factors defined by the conserved high motility group (HMG) DNA-binding domain. They are involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of cell fate. SOX4 shows a high degree of sequence homology with SOX11. Both are expressed in the CNS. SOX4 and SOX11 expression increase together in the developing CNS (with some exceptions: external granule layer of the cerebellum). SOX4 knock-out mice have been shown to die of a heart defect half way through gestation with no observable CNS phenotype, although it has been proposed that SOX11 compensates for the absence of SOX4.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- Ecotropic viral integration site 16 antibodyEVI 16 antibodyEVI16 antibody
- SRY (sex determining region Y) box 4 antibodySRY box containing gene 4 antibodySRY related HMG box gene 4 antibody
Anti-SOX4 antibody [154C4a] - ChIP Grade images
Anti-SOX4 antibody [154C4a] - ChIP Grade (ab70598) + immunising recombinant protein
Predicted band size : 47 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)