Anti-ROR alpha antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab71016)
- Product nameAnti-ROR alpha antibody - Carboxyterminal endSee all ROR alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ROR alpha - Carboxyterminal end
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A KLH conjugated synthetic peptide selected from the C terminal region of human ROR alpha.
- Positive controlJurkat cell line lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71016 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa).|
- FunctionOrphan nuclear receptor. Binds DNA as a monomer to hormone response elements (HRE) containing a single core motif half-site preceded by a short A-T-rich sequence. This isomer binds to the consensus sequence 5'-[AT][TA]A[AT][CGT]TAGGTCA-3'. Regulates a number of genes involved in lipid metabolism such as apolipoproteins AI, APOA5, CIII, CYP71 and PPARgamma, in cerebellum and photoreceptor development including PCP2, OPN1SW, OPN1SM AND ARR3, in circadian rhythm with BMAL1, and skeletal muscle development with MYOD1. Possible receptor for cholesterol or one of its derivatives.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in a number of tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC in neurons inhibits transcriptional activity. Phosphorylated on Thr-216 by ERK2 in vitro.
Sumoylated by SENP1 and SENP2. Sumoylation, promoted by PIAS2, PIAS3, PIASy but not PIAS1, enhances the transcriptional activity. Desumoylated by SENP1.
Ubiquitinated. Ubiquitination is required for efficient transcriptional activity and is prevented by Hairless.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- MGC119326 antibodyMGC119329 antibodyNR1F1 antibody
- Nuclear receptor ROR alpha antibodyNuclear receptor ROR-alpha antibodyNuclear receptor RZR alpha antibodyNuclear receptor RZR-alpha antibodyNuclear receptor subfamily 1 group F member 1 antibodyRAR related orphan receptor A antibodyRAR related orphan receptor alpha antibodyRetinoic acid receptor related orphan receptor alpha antibodyRetinoid-related orphan receptor-alpha antibodyROR 1 antibodyROR 2 antibodyROR 3 antibodyROR A antibodyROR1 antibodyROR2 antibodyROR3 antibodyRORA antibodyRORA_HUMAN antibodyRZR A antibodyRZRA antibodyTranscription factor RZR alpha antibody
Anti-ROR alpha antibody - Carboxyterminal end images
Anti-ROR alpha antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab71016) at 1/300 dilution + Jurkat cell line lysates at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 63 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 73 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-ROR alpha antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab71016)
ab71016 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.