Anti-C9 antibody (ab71330)
- Product nameAnti-C9 antibodySee all C9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to C9
- SpecificityThis product may also detect C9 within the C5b-9 complex, but we have no evidence to show this. Any feedback from our customers is welcome. We recommend ab55811 for specifically detecting the C5b-9 complex.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human C9.
(Peptide available as ab71329.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Human Placenta Tissue Lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71330 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa).Can be blocked with C9 peptide (ab71329).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionConstituent of the membrane attack complex (MAC) that plays a key role in the innate and adaptive immune response by forming pores in the plasma membrane of target cells. C9 is the pore-forming subunit of the MAC.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in C9 are a cause of complement component 9 deficiency (C9D) [MIM:613825]. A rare defect of the complement classical pathway associated with susceptibility to severe recurrent infections, predominantly by Neisseria gonorrhoeae or Neisseria meningitidis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the complement C6/C7/C8/C9 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 LDL-receptor class A domain.
Contains 1 MACPF domain.
Contains 1 TSP type-1 domain.
modificationsThrombin cleaves factor C9 to produce C9a and C9b.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Cell membrane. Secreted as soluble monomer. Oligomerizes at target membranes, forming a pre-pore. A conformation change then leads to the formation of a 100 Angstrom diameter pore.
- C9 antibodyC9 deficiency antibodyC9 deficiency with dermatomyositis antibody
- CO9_HUMAN antibodyComplement component 9 antibodyComplement component 9 deficiency antibodyComplement component C9 antibodyComplement component C9b antibodyMAC antibodyMembrane attack complex antibodyTCC antibodyTerminal complement complex antibody
Anti-C9 antibody images
Anti-C9 antibody (ab71330) at 1 µg/ml +
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 63 kDa
Observed band size : 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 20 minutes
ab71330, at a 1/2000 dilution, staining human C9 in placenta tissue by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin fixed Paraffin embedded tissue.
References for Anti-C9 antibody (ab71330)
ab71330 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.