Anti-MEK2 antibody (ab71828)
- Product nameAnti-MEK2 antibodySee all MEK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MEK2
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide from the center region of human MEK2 conjugated to KLH
- Positive controlMouse liver tissue lysate. Human hepatocarcinoma tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab71828 is purified through a protein G column, eluted with high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71828 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa).|
- FunctionCatalyzes the concomitant phosphorylation of a threonine and a tyrosine residue in a Thr-Glu-Tyr sequence located in MAP kinases. Activates the ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAP2K2 are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsMAPKK is itself dependent on Ser/Thr phosphorylation for activity catalyzed by MAP kinase kinase kinases (RAF or MEKK1).
Acetylation of Ser-222 and Ser-226 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the MAPK signaling pathway.
- Cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome antibodyCFC syndrome antibodyDual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyERK activator kinase 2 antibodyFLJ26075 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 2 antibodyMAP2K2 antibodyMAPK / ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPK/ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPKK 2 antibodyMAPKK2 antibodyMEK 2 antibodyMEK2 antibodyMicrotubule associated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 p45 antibodyMKK 2 antibodyMKK2 antibodyMP2K2_HUMAN antibodyOTTHUMP00000165826 antibodyOTTHUMP00000165827 antibodyPRKMK 2 antibodyPRKMK2 antibody
Anti-MEK2 antibody images
Anti-MEK2 antibody (ab71828) at 1/100 dilution + mouse liver tissue lysate at 12.5 µg
Predicted band size : 44 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab71828 at 1/50 dilution, staining MEK2 in human hepatocarcinoma by Immunohistochemistry using formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue, followed by peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody and DAB staining.
References for Anti-MEK2 antibody (ab71828)
ab71828 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.