Anti-Leptin antibody (ab7208)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7208 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [BDI170] to Leptin (ab20101). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with Ab20101 as Capture.|
- FunctionMay function as part of a signaling pathway that acts to regulate the size of the body fat depot. An increase in the level of LEP may act directly or indirectly on the CNS to inhibit food intake and/or regulate energy expenditure as part of a homeostatic mechanism to maintain constancy of the adipose mass.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in LEP may be a cause of obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the leptin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- FLJ94114 antibodyLEP antibodyLEP_HUMAN antibody
- LEPD antibodyLeptin (murine obesity homolog) antibodyLeptin (obesity homolog, mouse) antibodyLeptin antibodyLeptin Murine Obesity Homolog antibodyLeptin Precursor Obesity Factor antibodyOB antibodyObese Protein antibodyObese, mouse, homolog of antibodyObesity antibodyObesity factor antibodyObesity factor antibodyObesity homolog mouse antibodyObesity Murine Homolog Leptin antibodyOBS antibodyOTTHUMP00000212285 antibody
Anti-Leptin antibody images
Standard curve for Leptin (Analyte: ab51273); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [BDI170] to Leptin (ab20101) at 5µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to Leptin (ab7208) at 0.5µg/ml. Concentration of Mouse monoclonal [BDI170] to Leptin (ab20101) may vary from lot to lot; please use this curve as guideline.
References for Anti-Leptin antibody (ab7208)
ab7208 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.