Anti-Cathepsin D antibody [EPR3056Y] (ab75811)
- Product nameAnti-Cathepsin D antibody [EPR3056Y]See all Cathepsin D primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3056Y] to Cathepsin D
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N-terminus of human Cathepsin D
- Positive controlMCF-7 and SKBR3 cell lysates. Human liver tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR3056Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75811 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval using 0.01M Sodium Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionAcid protease active in intracellular protein breakdown. Involved in the pathogenesis of several diseases such as breast cancer and possibly Alzheimer disease.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the aorta extrcellular space (at protein level).
- Involvement in diseaseNeuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis 10 (CLN10) [MIM:610127]: A form of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis with onset at birth or early childhood. Neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses are progressive neurodegenerative, lysosomal storage diseases characterized by intracellular accumulation of autofluorescent liposomal material, and clinically by seizures, dementia, visual loss, and/or cerebral atrophy. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A1 family.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationLysosome. Melanosome. Secreted > extracellular space. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV. In aortic samples, detected as an extracellular protein loosely bound to the matrix.
- CatD antibodyCATD_HUMAN antibodyCathepsin D heavy chain antibody
- Cathepsin D light chain antibodyCathepsinD antibodyCD antibodyCeroid lipofuscinosis neuronal 10 antibodyCLN10 antibodyCPSD antibodyCTSD antibodyLysosomal aspartyl peptidase antibodyLysosomal aspartyl protease antibodyMGC2311 antibody
Anti-Cathepsin D antibody [EPR3056Y] images
All lanes : Anti-Cathepsin D antibody [EPR3056Y] (ab75811) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : MCF-7 cell lysate
Lane 2 : SKBR3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 15,46 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human liver using ab75811 at 1/500 dilution.
References for Anti-Cathepsin D antibody [EPR3056Y] (ab75811)
ab75811 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.