Anti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [EPR22] (ab75982)
- Product nameAnti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [EPR22]See all HtrA2 / Omi primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR22] to HtrA2 / Omi
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues on human HtrA2
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate, 293T cell lysate, HeLa cell lysate and Human colon tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR22
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75982 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC: 1/250 - 1/500.
IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Antigen retrieval is recommended.
WB: 1/500 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerine protease that shows proteolytic activity against a non-specific substrate beta-casein. Promotes or induces cell death either by direct binding to and inhibition of BIRC proteins (also called inhibitor of apoptosis proteins, IAPs), leading to an increase in caspase activity, or by a BIRC inhibition-independent, caspase-independent and serine protease activity-dependent mechanism. Cleaves THAP5 and promotes its degradation during apoptosis. Isoform 2 seems to be proteolytically inactive.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is ubiquitous. Isoform 2 is expressed predominantly in the kidney, colon and thyroid.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in HTRA2 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 13 (PARK13) [MIM:610297]. A complex neurodegenerative disorder characterized by bradykinesia, resting tremor, muscular rigidity and postural instability, as well as by a clinically significant response to treatment with levodopa. The pathology involves the loss of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra and the presence of Lewy bodies (intraneuronal accumulations of aggregated proteins), in surviving neurons in various areas of the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1B family.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
- DomainThe mature N-terminus is involved in the interaction with XIAP.
The PDZ domain mediates interaction with MXI2.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion intermembrane space. Mitochondrion membrane. Predominantly present in the intermembrane space. Released into the cytosol following apoptotic stimuli, such as UV treatment, and stimulation of mitochondria with caspase-8 truncated BID/tBID.
- High temperature requirement protein a2 antibodyHTRA 2 antibodyHtrA like serine protease antibody
- HtrA serine peptidase 2 antibodyHtrA2 antibodyHTRA2_HUMAN antibodymitochondrial antibodyOmi stress regulated endoprotease antibodyOmi stress-regulated endoprotease antibodyPARK 13 antibodyPARK13 antibodyProtease serine 25 antibodyPRSS 25 antibodyPRSS25 antibodySerine protease 25 antibodySerine protease HTRA2 antibodySerine protease HTRA2 mitochondrial antibodySerine protease htra2 mitochondrial precursor antibodySerine protease omi antibodySerine proteinase OMI antibody
Anti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [EPR22] images
All lanes : Anti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [EPR22] (ab75982) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 49 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 43 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using ab75982 at 1/100-1/250 dilution.
References for Anti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [EPR22] (ab75982)
This product has been referenced in:
- Rami A et al. Translocation of the serine protease Omi/HtrA2 from mitochondria into the cytosol upon seizure-induced hippocampal injury in the neonatal rat brain. Neurochem Res 35:2199-207 (2010). IHC-P ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21132459) »