Anti-COPS8 antibody (ab77300)
- Product nameAnti-COPS8 antibodySee all COPS8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to COPS8
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human COPS8.
(Peptide available as ab93795.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in following human lysates: Brain tissue, HepG2 whole cell, SHSY5Y whole cell, SAOS2 whole cell.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Cell Biology
- Proteolysis / Ubiquitin
- Proteasome / Ubiquitin
- Ubiquitin E2s and E3s
- SCF Complex E3 Ligase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77300 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).Can be blocked with COPS8 peptide (ab93795).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionComponent of the COP9 signalosome complex (CSN), a complex involved in various cellular and developmental processes. The CSN complex is an essential regulator of the ubiquitin (Ubl) conjugation pathway by mediating the deneddylation of the cullin subunits of SCF-type E3 ligase complexes, leading to decrease the Ubl ligase activity of SCF-type complexes such as SCF, CSA or DDB2. The complex is also involved in phosphorylation of p53/TP53, c-jun/JUN, IkappaBalpha/NFKBIA, ITPK1 and IRF8/ICSBP, possibly via its association with CK2 and PKD kinases. CSN-dependent phosphorylation of TP53 and JUN promotes and protects degradation by the Ubl system, respectively.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CSN8 family.
Contains 1 PCI domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- COP9 homolog antibodyCOP9 signalosome complex subunit 8 antibodyCops8 antibody
- CSN8 antibodyCSN8_HUMAN antibodyhCOP9 antibodyJAB1 containing signalosome subunit 8 antibodyJAB1-containing signalosome subunit 8 antibodySGN8 antibodySignalosome subunit 8 antibody
Anti-COPS8 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-COPS8 antibody (ab77300) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Saos 2 (Human epithelial-like osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 23 kDa
Observed band size : 23 kDa
Additional bands at : 120 kDa,49 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 3 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab77300 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab77300, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml.
References for Anti-COPS8 antibody (ab77300)
ab77300 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.