Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-01] (ab7750)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-01]See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TU-01] to alpha Tubulin
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IHC-P, ELISA, ICC, ICC/IF, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Arabidopsis thaliana
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species, all Mammals
Fraction of tubulin purified from pig brain by two cycles of polymerization-depolymerization.
- Epitopeaa 65-97 on N-terminal structural domain
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in IF/ICC in HeLa cell line.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified from ascites using precipitation methods.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTU-01
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7750 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100. For ICC, we recommend not only fixing but also permeabilizing the cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa.|
- RelevanceTubulin is the major building block of microtubules. This intracellular cylindrical filamentous structure is present in almost all eukaryotic cells. Microtubules function as structural and mobile elements in mitosis, intracellular transport, flagellar movement and in the cytoskeleton. Tubulin is a heterodimer which consists of alpha tubulin and beta tubulin.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 404053 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7278 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7846 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22142 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100158003 Pig
- Omim: 191110 Human
- Omim: 602529 Human
- Omim: 602528 Human
- SwissProt: P81947 Cow
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: Q71U36 Human
- SwissProt: Q13748 Human
- SwissProt: P68369 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5XJF8 Mouse
- SwissProt: P02550 Pig
- Alpha tubulin 2 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3C/D antibody
- Alpha tubulin ubiquitous antibodyB ALPHA 1 antibodybA408E5.3 antibodyH2 ALPHA antibodyHum a tub1 antibodyHum a tub2 antibodyLIS3 antibodyTUBA1 antibodyTUBA1A antibodyTUBA2 antibodyTUBA3 antibodyTUBA3C antibodyTUBA3D antibodyTUBA4A antibodyTubulin alpha 1 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 1A chain antibodyTubulin alpha 2 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3C/D chain antibodyTubulin alpha antibodyTubulin alpha ubiquitous chain antibodyTubulin B alpha 1 antibodyTubulin K alpha 1 antibodyTubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibodyTubulin, alpha 1a antibodyTubulin, alpha 2 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3c antibodyTubulin, alpha 4a antibodyTubulin, alpha, brain specific antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-01] images
All lanes : Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-01] (ab7750) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Dog 1 heart whole tissue lysate (left ventricle)
Lane 2 : Dog 2 heart whole tissue lysate(left ventricle)
Lane 3 : Dog 3 heart whole tissue lysate (left ventricle)
Lane 4 : Dog 4 heart whole tissue lysate (left ventricle)
Lysates/proteins at 80 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated sheep polyclonal antibody
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 20 minutes
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Dr sudhish mishra
Ab7750 staining human normal skin. Staining is localised to the cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab7750 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab7750, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with methanol (5 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Triton used under the same conditions.
ICC/IF image of ab7750 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7750, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-01] (ab7750)
This product has been referenced in:
- Pastorelli L et al. Epithelial-derived IL-33 and its receptor ST2 are dysregulated in ulcerative colitis and in experimental Th1/Th2 driven enteritis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8017-22 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20385815) »
- Hemsley PA et al. Assaying protein palmitoylation in plants. Plant Methods 4:2 (2008). WB . Read more (PubMed: 18190696) »