Anti-S100 antibody [B32.1] - Astrocyte Marker (ab7852)
- Product nameAnti-S100 antibody [B32.1] - Astrocyte MarkerSee all S100 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B32.1] to S100 - Astrocyte Marker
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with alpha and beta subunits of human S-100 protein (21-24 kD).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified) (Cow).
- Positive controlMelanoma tissues containing nerves, such as intestine and pancreas. Brain tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.01% PBS
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberB32.1
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7852 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500 - 1/1000. PubMed: 19365568|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: 1/500 - 1/1000. 1/500 - 1/1000. Fix with 4% w/v paraformaldehyde and 15% saturated picric acid in 0.1 M. phosphate buffer pH 7.4.|
- FunctionWeakly binds calcium but binds zinc very tightly-distinct binding sites with different affinities exist for both ions on each monomer. Physiological concentrations of potassium ion antagonize the binding of both divalent cations, especially affecting high-affinity calcium-binding sites.
- Tissue specificityHighly prevalent in heart. Also found in lesser quantities in skeletal muscle and brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-100 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- Bpb antibodyNEF antibodyProtein S100-A1 antibody
- S 100 protein alpha chain antibodyS 100 PROTEIN BETA CHAIN antibodyS 100 protein beta subunit antibodyS-100 protein alpha chain antibodyS-100 protein subunit alpha antibodyS100 alpha antibodyS100 beta antibodyS100 beta antibodyS100 calcium binding protein A1 antibodyS100 calcium binding protein B antibodyS100 calcium binding protein beta neural antibodyS100 calcium-binding protein A1 antibodyS100 protein alpha chain antibodyS100 protein alpha polypeptide antibodyS100 protein beta polypeptide neural antibodyS100A antibodyS100a1 antibodyS100B antibodyS100beta antibodyS10A1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-S100 antibody [B32.1] - Astrocyte Marker images
ab7852 at a dilution of 1/1000, staining Astrocytes (purple; Alexa 488 secondary at 1/2000) on 30
µm coronal brain section tissue in free floating IHC (see protocol link for detailed description). [A] Image taken with 20x objective and [B] Image taken with 40x objective. Images coloured in Photoshop.
NB: No labeling observed following omission of primary antibody.
Sections were viewed using an Axioplan 2 Imaging microscope (Imaging Associates) fitted with 10x, 20x and 40x Plan-Neofluorobjectives (Zeiss, Germany) and images were taken using a AxioCam Hrm digital camera (Zeiss, Germany) and AxioVision software (Imaging Associates).
References for Anti-S100 antibody [B32.1] - Astrocyte Marker (ab7852)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bax DA et al. Molecular and phenotypic characterisation of paediatric glioma cell lines as models for preclinical drug development. PLoS ONE 4:e5209 (2009). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19365568) »
- Nakagomi T et al. Isolation and characterization of neural stem/progenitor cells from post-stroke cerebral cortex in mice. Eur J Neurosci 29:1842-52 (2009). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19473237) »