Anti-Melanoma antibody [HMB45] (ab787)
- Product nameAnti-Melanoma antibody [HMB45]See all Melanoma primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HMB45] to Melanoma
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with a neuraminidase sensitive oligosaccharide side chain of a glycoconjugate present in immature melanosomes. It reacts with junctional and blue nevus cells. Non-melanocytic cells are negative.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Extract of pigmented melanoma metastases from lymph nodes.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberHMB45
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab787 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/10.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/10 - 1/50. ABC method. We suggest an incubation period of 30-60 minutes at room temperature. Enzymatic antigen retrieval may increase staining intensity.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/10 - 1/50. ABC method.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19841138|
- RelevanceMalignant melanoma is a malignant neoplasm of melanocytes, arising de novo or from a pre existing benign nevus, which occurs most often in the skin but also may involve other sites.
- Cellular localizationMembrane; Single-pass membrane protein
- Antigen LB39 AA antibodyAntigen SK29 AA antibodyCMM 1 antibody
- CMM antibodyCMM1 antibodyCutaneous Malignant Melanoma Dysplastic Nevus antibodyDNS antibodyDysplastic Nevus Syndrome antibodyFAMMM antibodyMART1 antibodymelan A antibodyMelan A protein antibodyMelanoma antigen recognized by T-cells 1 antibodyMLM antibodyMonophenol monooxygenase antibodyTumor rejection antigen AB antibodytyrosinase antibody
Anti-Melanoma antibody [HMB45] images
ab787 - immunohistochemistry
Formalin fixed paraffin embedded human melanoma stained with ab787, using ABC and AEC chromogen.
ab787 staining Melanoma in the human Melanoma cell line WM3248 xenopraph by IHC-P (formaldehyde-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue samples were fixed with formaldehyde; permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 and blocked with 100% Dakocytomation X0909 for 1 hour at room temperature; antigen retrival was by heat mediation in Citric buffer (pH6). The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/25) at 4°C for 18 hours. An HRP-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG (1/100) was used as secondary antibody.
Overlay histogram showing Malme-3 cells stained with ab787 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab787, 1/10 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in Malme-3 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Melanoma antibody [HMB45] (ab787)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lazova R et al. Punctate LC3B expression is a common feature of solid tumors and associated with proliferation, metastasis, and poor outcome. Clin Cancer Res 18:370-9 (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22080440) »
- Kästle M et al. Combination of PDT and inhibitor treatment affects melanoma cells and spares keratinocytes. Free Radic Biol Med 50:305-12 (2011). ICC/IF, Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21078385) »