Anti-p21 antibody [WA-1] (ab7903)
- Product nameAnti-p21 antibody [WA-1]See all p21 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [WA-1] to p21
- Specificityp21 protein [wild-type p53-activated fragment 1 (WAF-1) or Cdk-interacting protein (CIP1)].
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-Fr, ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Monkey
Full length native protein (purified) (Human).
- General notesThis antibody was advertised as suitable for use in immunohistochemistry on paraffin-embedded sections (retrieval of antigen by heating in citrate buffer in microwave oven is essential). However, please be aware that customer feedback debates whether it is suitable in this application and we would be interested to hear from any other researchers who have tested the antibody in this technique.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified from ascites using precipitation methods. Purity >95 % (by PAGE).
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberWA-1
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7903 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100. PubMed: 18824567For PMID 21788368, cells were fixed in methanol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/100. PubMed: 18824567|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa.|
- FunctionMay be the important intermediate by which p53/TP53 mediates its role as an inhibitor of cellular proliferation in response to DNA damage. Binds to and inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase activity, preventing phosphorylation of critical cyclin-dependent kinase substrates and blocking cell cycle progression. Functions in the nuclear localization and assembly of cyclin D-CDK4 complex and promotes its kinase activity towards RB1. At higher stoichiometric ratios, inhibits the kinase activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all adult human tissues, with 5-fold lower levels observed in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
- DomainThe PIP-box K+4 motif mediates both the interaction with PCNA and the recuitment of the DCX(DTL) complex: while the PIP-box interacts with PCNA, the presence of the K+4 submotif, recruits the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its ubiquitination.
The C-terminal is required for nuclear localization of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-145 by Akt or of Ser-146 by PKC impairs binding to PCNA. Phosphorylation at Ser-114 by GSK3-beta enhances ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex.
Ubiquitinated by MKRN1; leading to polyubiquitination and 26S proteasome-dependent degradation. Ubiquitinated by the DCX(DTL) complex, also named CRL4(CDT2) complex, leading to its degradation during S phase or following UV irradiation. Ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex is essential to control replication licensing and is PCNA-dependent: interacts with PCNA via its PIP-box, while the presence of the containing the 'K+4' motif in the PIP box, recruit the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Activating Fragment 1 antibodyCAP20 antibodyCation chloride cotransporter-interacting protein 1 antibody
- CDK Interacting Protein 1 antibodyCDK-interacting protein 1 antibodyCDKI antibodyCDKN 1 antibodyCDKN1 antibodyCDKN1A antibodyCDN1A_HUMAN antibodyCIP1 antibodyCyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 1A antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (P21) antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (p21, Cip1) antibodyDNA Synthesis Inhibitor antibodyMDA 6 antibodyMDA-6 antibodyMDA6 antibodyMelanoma Differentiation Associated Protein 6 antibodyMelanoma differentiation-associated protein 6 antibodyMelanoma differentiation-associated protein antibodyp21 antibodyP21 protein antibodyp21CIP1 antibodyp21Cip1/Waf1 antibodyp21WAF antibodyPIC1 antibodySDI1 antibodySLC12A9 antibodyWAF1 antibodyWild type p53 activated fragment 1 antibodyWildtype p53 Activating Fragment 1 antibodyWildtype p53-activated fragment 1 antibody
References for Anti-p21 antibody [WA-1] (ab7903)
This product has been referenced in:
- Krzywicka-Racka A & Sluder G Repeated cleavage failure does not establish centrosome amplification in untransformed human cells. J Cell Biol 194:199-207 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21788368) »
- Folini M et al. Remarkable interference with telomeric function by a G-quadruplex selective bisantrene regioisomer. Biochem Pharmacol 79:1781-90 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20206144) »