Anti-Involucrin antibody [SY5] (Biotin) (ab79031)
- Product nameAnti-Involucrin antibody [SY5] (Biotin)See all Involucrin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SY5] to Involucrin (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey, Gorilla
Human keratinocyte Involucrin
- EpitopeCodon 421-568.
- Positive controlLS174T cell lysate; Skin tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab79031 is purified from ascites fluid by Protein G chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSY5
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79031 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml for 30 min at RT. For staining of formalin-fixed tissues, digest sections with trypsin at 1mg/ml PBS, 10 min at 37°C or Protease XXV at 1mg/ml PBS for 5 minutes at 37°C.
IP: Use at 2µg/mg of lysate (denatured).
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml for 2hrs at RT. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionPart of the insoluble cornified cell envelope (CE) of stratified squamous epithelia.
- Tissue specificityKeratinocytes of epidermis and other stratified squamous epithelia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the involucrin family.
modificationsSubstrate of transglutaminase. Some glutamines and lysines are cross-linked to other involucrin molecules, to other proteins such as keratin, desmoplakin, periplakin and envoplakin, and to lipids like omega-hydroxyceramide.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Constituent of the scaffolding of the cornified envelope.
- INVO_HUMAN antibodyinvolucrin antibodyivl antibody
Anti-Involucrin antibody [SY5] (Biotin) images
ab79031 at 2µg/ml staining Involucrin in human skin by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded tissue using peroxidase-conjugate and DAB chromogen. Note cytoplasmic staining in the epidermal region. The purified form of this antibody was used for staining.
anti-Involucrin at 2 µg/ml + LS174T cell lysate
Predicted band size : 68 kDa
References for Anti-Involucrin antibody [SY5] (Biotin) (ab79031)
ab79031 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.