Anti-TIMP2 antibody [3A4] (Biotin) (ab79472)
- Product nameAnti-TIMP2 antibody [3A4] (Biotin)See all TIMP2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3A4] to TIMP2 (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide from the N terminal region of Human TIMP2
- Positive controlIHC-P: Human pancreatic or colon carcinoma itisue. WB: lysate from Human 35 cells. Conditioned, serum-free medium from TPA-treated HFL-1 cells; pancreatic or colon carcinoma tissue.
- General notes
May be used to evaluate the invasive nature of some tumor types and determine the tissue disatribution of TIMPs in other tumors such as adenomas or normal tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Primary antibody notes May be used to evaluate the invasive nature of some tumor types and determine the tissue disatribution of TIMPs in other tumors such as adenomas or normal tissue.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3A4
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79472 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml for 2 hrs at RT. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.
Is unsuitable for IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-13, MMP-14, MMP-15, MMP-16 and MMP-19.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP2 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Entrez Gene: 282093 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 100135629 Guinea pig
- Entrez Gene: 7077 Human
- Entrez Gene: 21858 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100008689 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 29543 Rat
- Omim: 188825 Human
- SwissProt: P16368 Cow
- SwissProt: Q9WUC6 Guinea pig
- SwissProt: P16035 Human
- SwissProt: P25785 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9TRZ7 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P30121 Rat
- Unigene: 633514 Human
- Unigene: 206505 Mouse
- Unigene: 10161 Rat
- CSC 21K antibodyCSC-21K antibodyCSC21K antibody
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 2 antibodyMetalloproteinase inhibitor 2 precursor antibodyTIMP 2 antibodyTIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 2 antibodyTIMP-2 antibodyTIMP2 antibodyTIMP2_HUMAN antibodyTissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase 2 antibodyTissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2 antibody
Anti-TIMP2 antibody [3A4] (Biotin) images
Anti-TIMP2 antibody [3A4] (Biotin) (ab79472) at 2 µg/ml + lysate from Human cells 35 at 20 µg
Predicted band size : 24 kDa
Observed band size : 24 kDa
References for Anti-TIMP2 antibody [3A4] (Biotin) (ab79472)
ab79472 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.