Anti-CD36 antibody [MF3] - Low Endotoxin (ab80080)
- Product nameAnti-CD36 antibody [MF3] - Low EndotoxinSee all CD36 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [MF3] to CD36 - Low Endotoxin
- SpecificityAntibodies produced by clone MF3 have been shown to inhibit IL4 induced thioglycollate-elicited peritoneal macrophage fusion and significantly block IL4/GM-CSF-induced bone-marrorw derived macrophage fusion.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, IP, Functional Studies, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
IL4 treated murine thioglycollate-elicited peritoneal macrophages.
- Positive controlMouse peripheral blood platelets.
- General notesEndotoxin Level <0.01EU/ug.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMF3
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80080 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 10µl for 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionSeems to have numerous potential physiological functions. Binds to collagen, thrombospondin, anionic phospholipids and oxidized LDL. May function as a cell adhesion molecule. Directly mediates cytoadherence of Plasmodium falciparum parasitized erythrocytes. Binds long chain fatty acids and may function in the transport and/or as a regulator of fatty acid transport. Receptor for thombospondins, THBS1 AND THBS2, mediating their antiangiogenic efects.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD36 are the cause of platelet glycoprotein IV deficiency (PG4D)[MIM:608404]; also known as CD36 deficiency. Platelet glycoprotein IV deficiency can be divided into 2 subgroups. The type I phenotype is characterized by platelets and monocytes/macrophages exhibiting complete CD36 deficiency. The type II phenotype lacks the surface expression of CD36 in platelets, but expression in monocytes/macrophages is near normal.
Genetic variations in CD36 are associated with susceptibility to coronary heart disease type 7 (CHDS7) [MIM:610938].
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD36 family.
modificationsN-glycosylated and O-glycosylated with a ratio of 2:1.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Adipocyte membrane protein antibodyCD 36 antibodyCD36 antibody
- CD36 antibodyCD36 antigen (collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor) antibodyCD36 antigen antibodyCD36 molecule (thrombospondin receptor) antibodyCD36 molecule antibodyCD36_HUMAN antibodyCHDS7 antibodyCluster determinant 36 antibodyCollagen receptor, platelet antibodyFAT antibodyFatty acid translocase antibodyFatty acid transport protein antibodyGlycoprotein IIIb antibodyGP IIIb antibodygp3b antibodygp4 antibodygpiiib antibodygpiv antibodyLeukocyte differentiation antigen cd36 antibodyMGC108510 antibodyMGC91634 antibodyPAS 4 antibodyPAS 4 protein antibodyPAS IV antibodyPAS-4 antibodyPAS4 antibodypas4 protein antibodypasiv antibodyPlatelet collagen receptor antibodyPlatelet glycoprotein 4 antibodyPlatelet glycoprotein IV antibodyscarb3 antibodyScavenger receptor class B member 3 antibodyScavenger receptor class B, member 3 antibodyThrombospondin receptor antibodyThrombospondin receptor cluster determinant 36 antibody
Anti-CD36 antibody [MF3] - Low Endotoxin images
ab80080 at 10µl/106 cells staining CD36 in mouse peripheral blood platelets by Flow Cytometry.
ab80080 staining CD36 in human coronary atherosclerosis plaques by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer pH 6.0. Samples were then blocked with 0.1% BSA for 30 minutes at 36°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/150 dilution for 24 hours at 4°C. A biotin conjugated rabbit polyclonal was used as secondary antibody at a 1/200 dilution.
ab80080 staining CD36 - Low Endotoxin (green) in Mouse RAW 264.7 cells by ICC (Immunocytochemistry). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 in 2% BSA for 15 minutes and blocked with 2% BSA for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in PBS + 2% BSA) for 18 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat anti-rat IgG polyclonal (1/750) was used as the secondary antibody.
WGA (red) = Wheat Germ Agglutinin
References for Anti-CD36 antibody [MF3] - Low Endotoxin (ab80080)
This product has been referenced in:
- Helming L et al. The scavenger receptor CD36 plays a role in cytokine-induced macrophage fusion. J Cell Sci 122:453-9 (2009). Neutralising ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19155290) »