Anti-LC3A/B antibody (Biotin) (ab81785)
- Product nameAnti-LC3A/B antibody (Biotin)See all LC3A/B primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LC3A/B (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide made to an N-terminal portion of human LC3A/B protein (between residues 1-100).
- Positive controlBrain, cerebral cortex. Mouse ES cell lysates. Human/mouse brain lysate, ES, HeLa, HEK293, MCF7 cells, human lymphoblasts, and embryoid bodies.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Tris glycine, 150mM Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81785 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at 40 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/400.|
- RelevanceA major contributor to cellular homeostasis is the ability of the cell to strike a balance between the formation and degradation/removal of its cellular components. This process of internal cellular turn-over is called autophagy (self-eating), and is facilitated by a pathway of around 16 interacting proteins in the human. LC3, a ubiquitin-like modifier protein, is the human homolog of yeast Apg8 and is involved in the formation of autophagosomal vacuoles, called autophagosomes. LC3 is expressed as 3 splice variants (LC3A, LC3B and LC3C), which exhibit different tissue distributions and are processed into cytosolic and autophagosomal membrane-bound forms, termed LC3-I and LC3-II, respectively. A disruption to the autophagic process is now associated with the progression of several cancers, neurodegenerative disorders and cardiac pathologies, where LC3 is widely employed as a marker for autophagy.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic. Endomembrane system; Lipid-anchor. Cytoplasmic vesicle, autophagosome membrane; Lipid-anchor. Note: LC3B binds to the autophagic membranes.
- Entrez Gene: 84557 Human
- Entrez Gene: 81631 Human
- Entrez Gene: 67443 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 66734 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64862 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 362245 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 406466 Zebrafish
- Entrez Gene: 322425 Zebrafish
- Omim: 601242 Human
- Omim: 609604 Human
- SwissProt: Q9GZQ8 Human
- SwissProt: Q9H492 Human
- SwissProt: Q91VR7 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9CQV6 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q62625 Rat
- SwissProt: Q6XVN8 Rat
- Unigene: 196239 Mouse
- ATG8F antibodyAutophagy related protein LC3 A antibodyAutophagy related protein LC3 B antibody
- Autophagy related ubiquitin like modifier LC3 A antibodyAutophagy related ubiquitin like modifier LC3 B antibodyLC3 antibodyMAP1 light chain 3 like protein 1 antibodyMAP1 light chain 3 like protein 2 antibodyMAP1A/1B light chain 3 A antibodyMAP1A/1B light chain 3 B antibodyMAP1A/1BLC3 antibodyMAP1A/MAP1B LC3 A antibodyMAP1A/MAP1B LC3 B antibodyMAP1ALC3 antibodyMAP1BLC3 antibodyMAP1LC3A antibodyMAP1LC3B antibodyMicrotubule associated protein 1 light chain 3 alpha antibodyMicrotubule associated protein 1 light chain 3 beta antibodyMicrotubule associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3 antibodyMicrotubule associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3A antibodyMicrotubule associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3B antibody
Anti-LC3A/B antibody (Biotin) images
All lanes : Anti-LC3A/B antibody (Biotin) (ab81785) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Atg5+/+ mouse ES cell lysate
Lane 2 : Atg5-/- mouse ES cell lysate
Predicted band size : 15 kDa
Observed band size : 17,19 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 38 kDa,40 kDa,80 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab81785, at 1/200 dilution, staining LC3A/B in brain, cerebral cortex, neurons with cell processes by Immunohistochemistry using paraffin-embedded tissue.
ab81785 staining LC3A/B in Mouse kidney tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 5% protein block for 5 minutes at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50) for 1 hour. Ab6728 (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-LC3A/B antibody (Biotin) (ab81785)
This product has been referenced in:
- Luo CL et al. Autophagy is involved in traumatic brain injury-induced cell death and contributes to functional outcome deficits in mice. Neuroscience 184:54-63 (2011). WB, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21463664) »