Acid Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab83367)
- Product nameAcid Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Acid phosphatase kits ...
- Tests500 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Sensitivity> 0.001 mM
- Range0.001 mM - 1 mM
- Product overview
Abcam's Acid Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) is a high sensitivity, simple, direct and HTS-ready colorimetric assay designed to measure AP activity in serum and other samples. It is suitable for research and drug discovery. The kit uses p-nitrophenyl phosphate (pNPP) as a phosphatase substrate which turns yellow (?max = 405 nm) when dephosphorylated by AP.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Acid phosphatases (AP) dephosphorylate phosphate groups from phosphate esters under acid conditions. Different acid phosphatase isozymes are found in different organs, and their serum levels are used as a diagnostic for disease in the corresponding organs. Elevated prostatic acid phosphatase levels may indicate the presence of prostate cancer and elevated tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase levels may indicate the bone disease.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 500 tests AP Assay buffer NM 1 x 100ml AP Enzyme (Lyophilised) Green 1 vial pNPP Substrate (10 tablets) Red 1 vial Stop Solution WM 1 x 10ml
- Research Areas
- Acid phosphatase 1 solubleAcid phosphatase 2 lysosomalAcid phosphatase 5 tartrate resistant
- Acid phosphatase of erythrocyteAcid phosphatase prostateACP1ACP2ACP3ACP5ACPPAdipocyte acid phosphataseHAAPLAPLMW PTPLMW PTPaseLow molecular weight cytosolic acid phosphataseLow molecular weight phosphotyrosine protein phosphataseLysosomal acid phosphatasePAPProstatic acid phosphotaseRed cell acid phosphatase 1Tartrate resistant acid ATPaseTartrate resistant acid phosphatase 5Tartrate resistant acid phosphatase type 5TR APTRAPTrATPase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83367 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Acid Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
p-Nitrophenol (pNP) standard curve
AP Enzyme samples 40 minute assay
References for Acid Phosphatase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab83367)
ab83367 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.