Anti-NG2 antibody (ab83508)
- Product nameAnti-NG2 antibodySee all NG2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to NG2
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, IP, ELISA, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-FrFl more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Cell membrane preparation from Human malignant melanoma SK-MEL-28.
- Positive controlHuman melanoma tissue. SK-MEL-28 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2 containing antibody stabilizer.
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesPurified by isotyping-specific affinity purification.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 251 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22701703|
|IHC-FrFl||IHC-FrFl: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionProteoglycan playing a role in cell proliferation and migration which stimulates endothelial cells motility during microvascular morphogenesis. May also inhibit neurite outgrowth and growth cone collapse during axon regeneration. Cell surface receptor for collagen alpha 2(VI) which may confer cells ability to migrate on that substrate. Binds through its extracellular N-terminus growth factors, extracellular matrix proteases modulating their activity. May regulate MPP16-dependent degradation and invasion of type I collagen participating in melanoma cells invasion properties. May modulate the plasminogen system by enhancing plasminogen activation and inhibiting angiostatin. Functions also as a signal transducing protein by binding through its cytoplasmic C-terminus scaffolding and signaling proteins. May promote retraction fiber formation and cell polarization through Rho GTPase activation. May stimulate alpha-4, beta-1 integrin-mediated adhesion and spreading by recruiting and activating a signaling cascade through CDC42, ACK1 and BCAR1. May activate FAK and ERK1/ERK2 signaling cascades.
- Tissue specificityDetected only in malignant melanoma cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 15 CSPG (NG2) repeats.
Contains 2 laminin G-like domains.
modificationsO-glycosylated; contains glycosaminoglycan chondroitin sulfate which are required for proper localization and function in stress fiber formation (By similarity). Involved in interaction with MMP16 and ITGA4.
Phosphorylation by PRKCA regulates its subcellular location and function in cell motility.
- Cellular localizationApical cell membrane. Cell projection > lamellipodium membrane. Localized at the apical plasma membrane it relocalizes to the lamellipodia of astrocytoma upon phosphorylation by PRKCA. Localizes to the retraction fibers. Localizes to the plasma membrane of oligodendrocytes.
- 4732461B14Rik antibodyAN2 antibodyAN2 proteoglycan antibody
- Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 4 (melanoma-associated) antibodyChondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 4 antibodyChondroitin sulfate proteoglycan NG2 antibodyCSPG4 antibodyCspg4 chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 4 antibodyCSPG4_HUMAN antibodyHMW-MAA antibodyHSN tumor-specific antigen antibodyKiaa4232 antibodyMCSP antibodyMCSPG antibodyMEL-CSPG antibodyMelanoma chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan antibodyMelanoma-associated chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan antibodyMELCSPG antibodyMSK16 antibody
Anti-NG2 antibody images
ab83508 at a 1/100 dilution staining NG2 in human melanoma tissue.
5 x 106 SK-MEL-28 cells were incubated with 5µg of ab83508, followed by APC-GtxMs IgG incubation.
Immunofluorescence analysis of Human adult blood endothelial progenitor cells (left) and umbilical artery smooth muscle cells (right).
NG2 was stained using ab83508 at 1/200 dilution. Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
References for Anti-NG2 antibody (ab83508)
This product has been referenced in:
- Keats E & Khan ZA Unique responses of stem cell-derived vascular endothelial and mesenchymal cells to high levels of glucose. PLoS One 7:e38752 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22701703) »
- Suzuki S et al. Clinicopathological significance of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-B and vascular endothelial growth factor-A expression, PDGF receptor-ß phosphorylation, and microvessel density in gastric cancer. BMC Cancer 10:659 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21118571) »