Anti-HIF2 alpha antibody [ep190b] (ab8365)
- Product nameAnti-HIF2 alpha antibody [ep190b]See all HIF2 alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ep190b] to HIF2 alpha
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for HIF-2 alpha and does not cross-react with HIF-1 alpha.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ELISA, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Human EPAS-1 (HIF2A) amino acids 535-631 fusion protein with proprietary tag.
- Positive controlHypoxic A549 lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferAscitic fluid with 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberep190b
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8365 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 2µg for 106 cells.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/1000 - 1/3000.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 118 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa).|
- FunctionTranscription factor involved in the induction of oxygen regulated genes. Binds to core DNA sequence 5'-[AG]CGTG-3' within the hypoxia response element (HRE) of target gene promoters. Regulates the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression and seems to be implicated in the development of blood vessels and the tubular system of lung. May also play a role in the formation of the endothelium that gives rise to the blood brain barrier. Potent activator of the Tie-2 tyrosine kinase expression. Activation seems to require recruitment of transcriptional coactivators such as CREBPB and probably EP300. Interaction with redox regulatory protein APEX seems to activate CTAD.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues, with highest levels in placenta, lung and heart. Selectively expressed in endothelial cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EPAS1 are the cause of erythrocytosis familial type 4 (ECYT4) [MIM:611783]. ECYT4 is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by increased serum red blood cell mass, elevated hemoglobin concentration and hematocrit, and normal platelet and leukocyte counts.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 PAC (PAS-associated C-terminal) domain.
Contains 2 PAS (PER-ARNT-SIM) domains.
modificationsIn normoxia, is probably hydroxylated on Pro-405 and Pro-531 by EGLN1/PHD1, EGLN2/PHD2 and/or EGLN3/PHD3. The hydroxylated prolines promote interaction with VHL, initiating rapid ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation. Under hypoxia, proline hydroxylation is impaired and ubiquitination is attenuated, resulting in stabilization.
In normoxia, is hydroxylated on Asn-847 by HIF1AN thus probably abrogating interaction with CREBBP and EP300 and preventing transcriptional activation.
Phosphorylated on multiple sites in the CTAD.
The iron and 2-oxoglutarate dependent 3-hydroxylation of asparagine is (S) stereospecific within HIF CTAD domains.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Basic helix loop helix PAS protein MOP2 antibodyBasic-helix-loop-helix-PAS protein MOP2 antibodybHLHe73 antibody
- Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 73 antibodyECYT4 antibodyEndothelial PAS domain containing protein 1 antibodyEndothelial pas domain protein 1 antibodyEndothelial PAS domain-containing protein 1 antibodyEPAS 1 antibodyEPAS-1 antibodyEPAS1 antibodyEPAS1_HUMAN antibodyHIF 1 alpha like factor antibodyHIF 2 alpha antibodyHIF-1-alpha-like factor antibodyHIF-2-alpha antibodyHIF1 alpha like factor antibodyHIF2-alpha antibodyHIF2A antibodyHLF antibodyHypoxia inducible factor 2 alpha antibodyHypoxia inducible factor 2 alpha subunit antibodyHypoxia-inducible factor 2-alpha antibodyMember of PAS protein 2 antibodyMember of pas superfamily 2 antibodyMOP 2 antibodyMOP2 antibodyPAS domain-containing protein 2 antibodyPASD2 antibody
Anti-HIF2 alpha antibody [ep190b] images
Predicted band size : 100 kDa
ab8365 at 1/300 dilution, staining HIF2 alpha in cardiomyocytes of human heart tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab8365 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab8365, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human breast cancer tissue, staining HIF2 alpha with ab8365.
Antigen retrieval was performed using EDTA buffer in a pressure cooker, before being blocked with normal serum. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/2000) overnight at 4°C. Staining was detected using DAB.
References for Anti-HIF2 alpha antibody [ep190b] (ab8365)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bensellam M et al. Glucose-induced O2 consumption activates hypoxia inducible factors 1 and 2 in rat insulin-secreting pancreatic beta-cells. PLoS One 7:e29807 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22235342) »
- Xiang L et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-2a is associated with ABCG2 expression, histology-grade and Ki67 expression in breast invasive ductal carcinoma. Diagn Pathol 7:32 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22452996) »