Anti-ADAMTS3 antibody (ab84795)
- Product nameAnti-ADAMTS3 antibodySee all ADAMTS3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS3
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A 16 amino acid peptide from near the C residues of human ADAMTS3 protein (NM_014243; O15072).
- Positive controlHuman skin tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84795 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/500.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceADAMTS3 is a member of the larger family of ADAMs (A Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase) metalloproteinases containing thrombospondin (TS) repeats. ADAMTS3 (A Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase with ThromboSpondin 3 motif was first described in human brain. Human ADAMTS3 is 61% identical to human ADAMTS2. Both ADAMTS2 and ADAMTS3 have the ability to process procollagen II, but it is suggested that ADAMTS3 is the majorprocollagen II N-propeptidase. ADAMTS3 expression is found in placenta, cartilage, skin, lung, brain, and heart. Full length human ADAMTS3 contains 1201 amino acids and has a predicted mass of 135kDa, but glycosylation and the abundance of cysteine residues gives ADAMTS3 a greater apparent molecular weight on reduced SDS-PAGE gels. Purified ADAMTS3 resolves at a lower molecular weight of 108 kDa, due to cleavage at the furin site. ADAMTS3 contains the canonical HexxHxxxxxH zinc metalloproteinase motif, and has been shown to be proteolytically active, cleaving procollagen II. In addition to the metalloprotease domain, ADAMTS3 has a propeptide domain, a prohormone convertase (PC, furin) cleavage site, a cysteine-rich domain, and three thrombospondin-1 like domains, followed by a C-terminal domain unique to ADAMTS2 and ADAMTS3. ADAMTS3 does not have a transmembrane domain, unlike many of the ADAMs proteases, and is a secreted protein, much of which binds to the ECM (extracellular matrix).
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Associated with the extracellular matrix.
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 3 antibodyKIAA0366 antibodyPC II NP antibody
- Procollagen II amino propeptide processing enzyme antibodyProcollagen II N proteinase antibodyZinc metalloendopeptidase antibody
Anti-ADAMTS3 antibody images
ab84795, at a 1/100 dilution, staining ADAMTS3 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded human skin tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-ADAMTS3 antibody (ab84795)
ab84795 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.