Anti-Somatostatin antibody (ab8904)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferLiquid antiserum
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8904 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot Blot||Dot: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceThe cyclic tetradecapeptide somatostatin is widely distributed throughout the body and is an important regulator of endocrine and nervous system function. It exerts its biologic actions by binding to specific high affinity receptors on the cell surface. Somatostatin inhibits the release of somatotropin. Somatostatin has also been shown in sympathetic nerves, mucosal cells, myenteric nerves of the gastrointestinal tract, salivary glands and in some parafollicular cells of the thyroid. Somatostatin positive cells may also be present in medullary thyroid carcinomas, C cell hyperplasia, thymic and lung tumors and pulmonary small cell carcinomas.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- Growth hormone release inhibiting factor antibodySMST antibodySomatostatin 14 antibody
- Somatostatin 28 antibodySST antibody
References for Anti-Somatostatin antibody (ab8904)
ab8904 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.