Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [RNF404] - Neuronal Marker (ab8972)
- Product nameAnti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [RNF404] - Neuronal MarkerSee all 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [RNF404] to 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy - Neuronal Marker
- SpecificityReacts with the intermediate filament protein of periferal and central nerve cells, corresponding in Western blotting with the 200 kDa protein. Specific for the phosphorylated isoform.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis, Monkey
Neurofilament preparation of calf brain tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberRNF404
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8972 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibodyKIAA0845 antibodyKIAA0845 antibody
- NEFH antibodyNEFH antibodyNeurofilament H antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kD antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide antibodyNeurofilament triplet H protein antibodyNeurofilament triplet H protein antibodyNF H antibodyNF-H antibodyNFH antibodyNFH_HUMAN antibody
Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [RNF404] - Neuronal Marker images
Immunohistochemistry on paraffin section of human heart
References for Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [RNF404] - Neuronal Marker (ab8972)
ab8972 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.