Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.4A] (ab9071)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesPurified from serum-free culture supernatant.
- Primary antibody notes The antibody is used to detect HIV 1 core protein in virus infected cells as well as in viral or infected cell lysates. Studies on core antigen synthesis and metabolism can be performed using Western blotting or radioimmunoprecipitation analysis. Useful as solid phase for capture of p24 in an antigen ELISA format.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number39/5.4A
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9071 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Reactive with viral lysates . In addition, the antibody immunoprecipitates p24 protein from radiolabeled infected cell extracts.|
|Radioimmunoprecipitation assay||RipA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. The antibody immunoprecipitates p24 protein from radiolabeled infected cell extracts.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Exhibits reactivity with HIV-1 infected cultures using indirect immunofluorescence.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [39/6.14] to HIV1 p24 (ab9072).|
- RelevanceHIV1 performs highly complex orchestrated tasks during the assembly, budding, maturation and infection stages of the viral replication cycle. During viral assembly, the proteins form membrane associations and self-associations that ultimately result in budding of an immature virion from the infected cell. Gag precursors also function during viral assembly to selectively bind and package two plus strands of genomic RNA. Capsid protein p24 probably forms the conical core of the virus that encapsulates the genomic RNA-nucleocapsid complex.
- Cellular localizationMembrane
- CA antibodyCapsid protein p24 antibodyHuman immunodeficiency virus 1 antibodyHuman immunodeficiency virus type 1 p24 antibody
Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.4A] images
All lanes : Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.4A] (ab9071) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mock transfected 293T cells - cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cells transfected with HIV DNA - cell lysate
HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 24,25,41,55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 5 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.4A] (ab9071)
This product has been referenced in:
- Guenzel CA et al. Recruitment of the nuclear form of uracil DNA glycosylase into virus particles participates in the full infectivity of HIV-1. J Virol 86:2533-44 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22171270) »
- Nikovics K et al. Counteraction of Tetherin Antiviral Activity by Two Closely Related SIVs Differing by the Presence of a Vpu Gene. PLoS One 7:e35411 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22530020) »