Anti-beta Galactosidase antibody (ab9361)
- Product nameAnti-beta Galactosidase antibodySee all beta Galactosidase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to beta Galactosidase
- Tested applicationsELISA, Immunoelectrophoresis, IHC-FrFl, ICC, IHC-FoFr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
Full length native protein (purified) (E. coli).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer0.01M PBS pH7.4, 15mM Na azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAntibodies were solid phase absorbed then immunoaffinity purified using purified beta-galactosidase immobilized on a solid phase.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9361 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Immunoelectrophoresis||Ie: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FrFl||IHC-FrFl: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: 1/1000 - 1/2000.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- RelevanceBeta galactosidase is coded by a gene (lac z) in the lac operon of Escherichia coli. It is a metalloenzyme that splits lactose into glucose and galactose. It hydrolyzes terminal, non-reducing beta-D-galactose residues in beta-D-galactosides. Activation by cations seems to be substrate dependent. K+, Na+, NH4+, Rb+, Cs+ and Mn++ all activate enzyme activity based upon the substrate used.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Beta D galactosidase antibodyBeta gal antibodyBeta galactosidase antibody
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibodyECK0341 antibodyJW0335 antibodylactase antibodylacZ antibody
Anti-beta Galactosidase antibody images
ab9361 staining beta Galactosidase in fruit fly central nervous system glia cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilised in 0.1% Triton. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/2000 for 12 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a donkey anti-chicken monoclonal conjugated to DyLight® 649 (pink) used at a 1/400 dilution. Nuclei stained with a pan nuclear marker (green).
ab9361 at 1/500 dilution staining mouse adult brain cells (R26R mice crossed with cre expressing line) by Immunocytochemistry. The cells were 4% PFA perfused 4H post-fix. The antibody was incubated with the cells for 16 hours and then bound antibody was detected using a Alexa Fluor ® 488 conjugated goat-anti chicken antibody. The image shows both nuclear and punctate staining (both matched x-gal staining pattern).
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Ben Deverman.
ab9361 at 1/1000 staining frozen mouse pancreas sections by IHC-Fr. The mice were transgenic knock out or heterozygous (in this case LRH +/-)with Lacz reporter replacing a section of the coding sequence for gene. Embryos collected at day E14.5. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and blocked with a maleate buffer blocking solution prior to incubation with the antibody for 16 hours. A Cy3 ® conjugated goat anti-chicken antibody was used as the secondary.
ab9361 at 1/250 staining human HEK293T cells by ICC/IF. The cell line was transfected with a b-gal expressing plasmid, and x-gal staining was performed on adjacent wells. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with serum prior to incubation with the antibody for 16 hours. A Texas Red conjugated donkey anti-chicken antibody was used as the secondary.
ab9361 staining Beta Galactosidase in mouse retinal tissue sections by IHC-Fr (Frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.2% triton-X and blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour at 23°C. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/1500 in PBS, 2% serum, 0.2% Triton-X) at 4°C for 16 hours. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat monoclonal to chicken IgY (1/200) was used as secondary antibody.
References for Anti-beta Galactosidase antibody (ab9361)
This product has been referenced in:
- Krechowec SO et al. Postnatal changes in the expression pattern of the imprinted signalling protein XLas underlie the changing phenotype of deficient mice. PLoS One 7:e29753 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22253771) »
- Veverytsa L & Allan DW Temporally tuned neuronal differentiation supports the functional remodeling of a neuronal network in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E748-56 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22393011) »