Anti-alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin antibody (ab9374)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin antibodySee all alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin
- SpecificityThe antibody is specific against human alpha-1-antichymotrypsin. This antibody stains monocytes and macrophages in human tissues and does not stain any other cell type.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, Sandwich ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: all Mammals
Does not react withMouse
Alpha-1-antichymotrypsin isolated from human serum
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.01% BSA, PBS, 1.5mM Magnesium chloride, 0.1mM DTT
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9374 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/25 - 1/50. ABC method.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/25 - 1/50. ABC method.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal to alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin (ab54693). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Mouse monoclonal to alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin (ab54693) as Capture.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
- FunctionAlthough its physiological function is unclear, it can inhibit neutrophil cathepsin G and mast cell chymase, both of which can convert angiotensin-1 to the active angiotensin-2.
- Tissue specificityPlasma. Synthesized in the liver. Like the related alpha-1-antitrypsin, its concentration increases in the acute phase of inflammation or infection. Found in the amyloid plaques from the hippocampus of Alzheimer disease brains.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINA3 may be a cause of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) [MIM:107280].
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
- DomainThe reactive center loop (RCL) extends out from the body of the protein and directs binding to the target protease. The protease cleaves the serpin at the reactive site within the RCL, establishing a covalent linkage between the carboxyl group of the serpin reactive site and the serine hydroxyl of the protease. The resulting inactive serpin-protease complex is highly stable.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- SERPINA3 antibodyAACT antibodyAACT_HUMAN antibody
- ACT antibodyAlpha 1 Antichymotrypsin 1 antibodyAlpha 1 Antichymotrypsin 2 antibodyAlpha 1 Antichymotrypsin 3 antibodyAlpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency antibodyAlpha-1-antichymotrypsin His-Pro-less antibodyAnti Elastase antibodyAntichymotrypsin antibodyCell growth inhibiting gene 24/25 protein antibodyCell growth-inhibiting gene 24/25 protein antibodyClade A (Alpha 1 Antiproteinase Antitrypsin) antibodyGIG24 antibodyGIG25 antibodyGrowth inhibiting protein 24 antibodyGrowth inhibiting protein 25 antibodyMGC88254 antibodyPI1 antibodyProtease Inhibitor 1 antibodySerine (or Cysteine) Proteinase Inhibitor antibodySerine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor clade A (alpha 1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin) member 3 antibodySerine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor clade A member 3 antibodySerine proteinase inhibitor clade A member 3 antibodySerpin A3 antibodySerpin peptidase inhibitor clade A (alpha 1 antiproteinase antitrypsin) member 3 antibodySERPINA1 antibodySERPINA2 antibodySERPINA3 antibody
Anti-alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin antibody images
Standard Curve for alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin (Analyte: alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin protein (Human) (ab80517) ); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal to alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin (ab54693) at 5µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin (ab9374) at 0.5µg/ml.
All lanes : Anti-alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin antibody (ab9374) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Spinal Cord (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29188)
Lane 2 :
Colon tissue lysate (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30051)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Human normal skin. Staining is mainly membrane-bound and cytoplasmic. Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: negative control. Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for rabbit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
Anti-alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin antibody (ab9374) at 1 µg/ml +
alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin protein (Human) (ab80517) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Anti-alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin antibody (ab9374)
ab9374 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.