Anti-Aquaporin 1 antibody [1/22] (ab9566)
- Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 1 antibody [1/22]See all Aquaporin 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1/22] to Aquaporin 1
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises Aquaporin 1
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Cow
Synthetic peptide: GQVEEYDLDDDINSRVEMKPK, corresponding to amino acids 249-269 of Aquaporin 1.
- EpitopeIntracellular C-terminal AQP 1 epitope (active channel loop)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 2mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1/22
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9566 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100. PubMed: 17446713Antigen retrieval, such as heating of slides in 10 mM citrate buffer, pH 6.00 or proteolytic pre-treatment of tissues may increase the staining intensity. The recommended time of incubation is 60 minutes at room temperature.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18418349|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionForms a water-specific channel that provides the plasma membranes of red cells and kidney proximal tubules with high permeability to water, thereby permitting water to move in the direction of an osmotic gradient.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a number of tissues including erythrocytes, renal tubules, retinal pigment epithelium, heart, lung, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas. Weakly expressed in brain, placenta and liver.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
- DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Entrez Gene: 282653 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 358 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11826 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25240 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 442999 Sheep
- Omim: 107776 Human
- SwissProt: P47865 Cow
- SwissProt: P29972 Human
- SwissProt: Q02013 Mouse
- SwissProt: P29975 Rat
- SwissProt: P56401 Sheep
- Unigene: 76152 Human
- Unigene: 18625 Mouse
- Unigene: 1618 Rat
- AQP 1 antibodyAQP CHIP antibodyAQP-1 antibody
- AQP1 antibodyAQP1_HUMAN antibodyAquaporin CHIP antibodyAquaporin-1 antibodyAquaporin-CHIP antibodyAquaporin1 antibodyChannel forming integral protein 28kDa antibodyChannel like integral membrane protein 28 kDa antibodyCHIP 28 antibodyCHIP28 antibodyCO antibodyColton blood group antibodyGrowth factor induced delayed early response protein antibodyMGC26324 antibodyUrine water channel antibodyWater channel protein CHIP 29 antibodyWater channel protein CHIP29 antibodyWater channel protein for red blood cells and kidney proximal tubule antibody
Anti-Aquaporin 1 antibody [1/22] images
Immunohistochemical staining of aquaporin 1 in rat brain.
Anti-Aquaporin 1 antibody [1/22] (ab9566) at 1 µg/ml +
Skeletal Muscle (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29330) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 29 kDa
Observed band size : 29 kDa
Additional bands at : 50 kDa,75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab9566 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab9566, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Triton used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Aquaporin 1 antibody [1/22] (ab9566)
This product has been referenced in:
- Urity VB et al. Architecture of kangaroo rat inner medulla: segmentation of descending thin limb of Henle's loop. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 302:R720-6 (2012). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 22237592) »
- Thoroddsen A et al. The Water Permeability Channels Aquaporins 1-4 Are Differentially Expressed in Granulosa and Theca Cells of the Preovulatory Follicle during Precise Stages of Human Ovulation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1021-8 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21252246) »